Chapter 10: Lights Out

KIM'S P.O.V

It is now the night of the dance and I am in my room getting ready for the dance with, Julie, Kelsey, Jocelyn, and Grace. Right now Grace is curling my hair while Julie is flat ironing Kelsey's and Jocelyn is looking at everyone's dresses.

"So who are you guys going to the dance with?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Well....." Jocelyn started "JERRY ASKED ME TO THE DANCE" She shrieked.

"Good for you but,......does Jack know?" I questioned Jocelyn.

"Well if he does know I didn't tell him" Jocelyn said with a smirk.

"Do you think Jerry told him?" I asked.

"I hope not" Jocelyn replied.

"You do know he will probably see you guys together at the dance right?" Grace butted in.

"Oh I think he'll be a little busy with something else" Jocelyn muttered quietly but load enough for us to hear.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked quite curious to hear the answer.

"Nothing" Kelsey quickly answered for Jocelyn.

"So are your brothers going to the dance?" Grace changed the subject before I could ask any further questiones.

"I don't know why?" I replied.

"NO REASON!" Grace shouted.

"Spill" I casually said.

"Spill what, were not hiding anything" Kelsey jumped in. To say I was confused would be an understatement.

"I never said anything about you Kelsey" I stated slowly.

"Ohhhhhh" Kelsey replied slowly.

"Spill both of you" I stated with a hint of venom in my voice.

"Okay fine I have a crush on Kody" Kelsey said sighing.

"And I like Kenton" Grace stated.

"No. Way." I shouted. "I have to set you guys up!"

"So Kelsey, Grace, Julie, who are you guys going to the dance with?" I asked after I realized that Jocelyn was the only one that answered last time.

"I'm going with Milton of coarse!" Julie exclaimed.

"Eddie asked me to go with him, however I don't quite know why I agreed to go" Kelsey answered next.

"I'm going with Brett Favors" Grace replied. She didn't show excitement but she also didn't show disgust so I'm guessing she is half and half on going to the dance with Brett.

"You don't sound very excited" Julie commented.

"That's because I don't really care" Grace stated.

"Why, he's one of the top ten hottest guys in the school" Kelsey jumped in.

"I know but I went to the dance with him last year and to be honest I didn't have the best time" Grace answered.

"Then why are you going with him this year to?" I asked.

"Because everyone else already had a date" Grace added.

"Oh......Well I'm sorry you have to go with him?" I said but it came out as more of a question.

"Its okay" Grace responded.

JACK'S P.O.V

Jerry, Eddie, Milton, and I got dressed and then headed to the school an hour early so we could set up for my surprise show and I must say it is a lot more work then I thought it would be. We are just finishing set up with ten minutes left before the dance.

"Alright so I will warn you five minutes before we start" Milton clarified.

"Okay so we're good!" I exclaimed. To say I was excited would be am understatement. I am Really excited and really nervous. There is only about 30 minutes until the whole school knows about my crush on Kim.

When people started showing up I got all the things I would need together and then waited for the gang to arrive. 15 minutes into the dance Kim, Jocelyn, Kelsey, and Grace had finally shown up with there dates.

"Hey Kim" I said as her and Chase approached me.

"Hey Jack" Kim replied.

We talked for a bit until a slow song came on and all of my friends went to go dance while I just sat at a table. Many girls had came up and asked me if I wanted to dance but I refused because the only person I do want to dance with Is dancing with the guy that's cheating on her.

When the song was over Milton came running over to me.

"Exactly Five minutes Jack" Milton stated quickly before running to Jerry and Eddie, while I took off looking for Kim. It took me about three minutes to find her so I had two minutes to talk.

KIM'S P.O.V

When the song ended Chase claimed he had to go to the bathroom, but I had a feeling he was just going to see Donna. After a few minutes Jack came up to me. He seemed like he was in a rush for some unknown reason.

"Hey Kim, where's Chase" Jack asked.

"Hey he said he had to go to the bathroom but I don't think he was telling the truth" I replied.

"Oh, I'm sorry" Jack replied still in a rush the only difference is that he kept looking at his watch.

"Its okay, like I said before I don't even really like Chase anymore" I said.

"Well, there's something I need to tell you" Jack exclaimed quickly.

"What is it?" I said. Before I got an answer all the lights went out.

SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS NOT AS LONG AS MY OTHERS BUT THIS IS HOW I ENVISIONED THE CHAPTER TO END. THIS BOOK IS COMMING CLOSE TO AN END AND I AM LOOKING TO START ANOTHER ONE BUT I WANT YOUR FEEDBACK SO SHOULD I DO A SEQUAL TO THIS BOOK OR SHOULD I START WORKING ON ANOTHER STORY