Chapter 6

Kaya’s P.O.V

Alex and I walked into the dining room where the vizords were already waiting for us. “Kaya, my beautiful, my first love, don’t you look stunning” Shinji said as he pulled me into a hug.

“Thanks, Shinji. You looked pretty good yourself” I said, giggling.

“Why thank you, Kaya” Shinji said as he released me.

“Hey was that Ichigo that I just saw walking out?” asked Kensei. The urge to cry came back again, but I fought back the tears because if I cried everyone would ask questions leaving me to cry even more and then Kensei would go chase after Ichigo, with Love most likely, and start beating the crap out of him for answers.

“Yeah it was. He couldn’t stay long though. He just came here to ask me some questions about our homework” said Alex. I looked over at my little brother and gave him a thankful expression.

“Oh well that’s to bad” said Shinji.

“All right everyone time for dinner” Hachi called out as he walked out of the kitchen with Lisa, Mashiro, and Rose; carrying food and setting it on the table. Everyone walked over to the dinner table and took their seats. After everyone put food on their plats, Love said a quick pray; thanking god for our food.

“So did something happen between Ichigo and you, Kaya?” Kensei asked moments later. I looked up from my plate, noticing everyone but my brother was looked at me with a worried expression.

“No” I lied. I heard Love sigh.

“Are you sure, Kaya? I mean you’ve been acting weird lately and I haven’t seen the two of you together lately either” asked Love. I looked down at my plate again and played with my food. The food didn’t look so appetizing now.

“He said that he couldn’t ask me to be his girlfriend because it’s complicated” I mumbled. I heard a fork suddenly hit a plate. I looked up and saw Kensei with a really pissed off look on his face.

“So he can sleep with you, but he can’t be with you? What kind of shit is that? I swear the next time I see that kid I’m going to knock some sense into him” said Kensei. I sighed heavily. I really didn’t want to talk about Ichigo. It was hard enough knowing that this is really happening after everything, but hearing and talking about it is a different story.

“He said that he’ll tell me when he gets the courage to do. You know Ichigo, Kensei. He isn’t so good with expressing his feelings” I said.

“I don’t care, Kaya. Can’t you see that he’s just messing with your head again” yelled Kensei.

“Kensei, calm down” Love said seriously. Kensei looked over at Love and took a deep breath.

“Kaya, we all care about you and want you to be happy, but you deserve a whole lot better than that” said Kensei. I sighed again.

“I know, Kensei. I know” I said.

-1 hour later-

After everyone finished with their dinner, they went and finished getting dressed for tonight. No one brought up Ichigo after earlier, which I’m grateful for because I wanted to have a good time tonight. After everyone was done getting dressed we headed over to the arcade hall. Renji suggested that we play laser tag before heading off to the club later. I didn’t care at this point what we did. I just wanted to get my mind off everyone.

-FF to Arcade Hall-

“Kaya” someone yelled as they jumped on my back. I stumbled forward and caught myself before I face planted the ground. I looked over my shoulder and saw Yourichi.