A lonely weapon.

I woke up to an extremely loud alarm. I pushed the small button at the top to make it stop. I took my time getting out of bed. I stepped onto the cold wooden floor and walked over to my dresser, pulling out my black t-shirt and some black skinny jeans. Then topped the outfit off with some purple converse.

I had only ten minutes left so I quickly went to the bathroom to brush out my long black hair. I took out the mascara I had in the drawer and quickly but nicely put it on. It made my eyes-which are blue stick out more. I saw some orange streaks through my eyes, they were there ever since I was ten.

"Alice! You're going to be late again!" My mom called from downstairs. I looked at the clock and I didn't even have time for breakfast, so I brushed my teeth. I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs.

I gave my mom and dad a kiss before heading out. "What about breakfast?" My mom opened the door after I walked out.

"No time." I smiled and turned around just as the bus was about to stop. I got on the bus and sat next to my best friend Michelle.

"Hey." She greeted me right as a sat down. I did a motion that symbolized, 'hey' to her. "I said, hey, not give me a sign language." She grinned.

"Hey," I said while looking down at my phone. "We're still planning on ditching fifth through seventh right?" I whispered. She nodded to me as she began looking out of the window.

-Time skip-

We snuck out and began walking through the forest behind the school where no one could see us. Next we climbed the fence to get over to the neighborhood where we always roam the streets.

"Alright where to?" I asked. It looked like she was thinking of where to go because we always are getting kicked out of places.

"Uh, I don't know, let's just walk around I guess." She replied and added a shrug. We've been walking up and down random neighborhoods for about 30 minutes. I was looking around and minding my own business until I saw a slight glow of orange in one of the bushes.

"Hey Michelle, come here, what's this?" I asked walking over to the bush and moving the branches apart. I soon found it and pulled it out. It was really heavy. It looked like a gun. Nothing I've seen before. It had orange lights on it, and it looked like it was from the future...I guess.

"What the hell is this?" Michelle asked touching it and looking fascinated with it.

"Um...I don't know but-" It suddenly shot out an orange ball of light. I instantly dropped it. 'Whoa.." I picked it back up. "I'm keeping it." I said.

"You do that," Michelle said her lips in a fine line. "Let's go." she said walking in front of me.

OKAY! This is my only disclaimer I'm going to make. I don't own anything to do with Halo...I wish I did XD. But I only own Michelle, Alice and her parents.