Daddy

Clarissa's P.O.V

"Wait so he already signed himself out" I asked in disbelief, Meredith nodded "yeah he spent most of the night threatening to report me for using vampire blood" she exclaimed at Caroline and I "thank you doctor fell" I said politely as I grabbed Caroline's hand and headed towards where Elena was waiting "where is he" I shrugged pulling out my phone "I don't know, why didn't he call us when he was discharged" Caroline asked to her self.

I dialed dads number and waited for him to answer, suddenly I could hear his phone ringing and so could Caroline "he still here" I whispered as we followed the sound. The ringing came from a store cupboard "it's coming from in here" Caroline opened the door and went in first. I followed Caroline down one of the isles, I felt my stomach drop and my throat close. I dropped to my knees beside dad "oh no he's dead" I sobbed as Caroline pulled the bloody knife from his gut "Clary he has vampire blood in his system" Elena choked out, and suddenly my dad jerked up gasping for air.

"I've compelled the nurses to stay out of this room" I reassured my dad "my wounds have completely healed, I need something to eat" he stated holding his jaw while pacing "daddy why don't you come lay down and relax" Caroline suggested "I can't I'm to wired and my pulse is racing" I stood up straight from my learning position on the wall "do you want me to go see if there's anything Meredith can give you" I asked "no she's done enough" he spat looking out the window "we'll figure that out later but in the meantime we need to get you some blood" I begged, dad turned around to look at me "I'm not going to drink any blood" he stated calmly "what" Caroline gasped looking at me for help "you have to if you don't you'll die" I exclaimed, dad continued to look at Caroline and I "I understand that sweetie, I'm well aware of what's going to happen" I felt my inside shake "please tell me your not serious" I pleaded grabbed Caroline's hand "can we get out of here, I can smell blood everywhere" was his reply as he stalked out the door.

"My mom's in there with my dad, I think this is the longest they've ever stayed in the same room together in years" Caroline joked slightly, but you could hear the pain and sadness in her voice. I placed my hand on Caroline's shoulder "I'm so sorry Care" Elena stated painfully, Caroline rested her head on my shoulder as her tears soaked my shirt "what was the worse thing for you when your dad died" I asked Elena sniffling, the question caught her off guard a little "realizing all the things he wouldn't be there for" she whispered quietly gripping my hand.

Caroline sat back and looked at me "could it have been Tyler, Klaus has been messing with him" she gushed, I shook my head and wrapped my arms around my self "no Klaus has no reason to go after the council members Caroline" I explained sitting forward "how can our dad be dying, no I'm going to force him to feed" Caroline sobbed, her mascara running slightly "Caroline it's not what he wants, all your dad has left is his choice" Elena explained, I could feel my tears soaking my face. I hugged her tightly as she cried on my shoulder "Caroline, Clary" we pulled apart to see Matt, who had his own hurt expression etched in to his features "Matt" Caroline stood up quickly before engulfing him in a tight embrace.

I slowly entered my bedroom where my dad was "hey" I whispered gently, he turned and smiled weakly at me "hey, your first day at regional" he stated gesturing to the trophy on my mantle piece "yep, I was afraid to join the squad but you talked me in to it" I smiled remembering the pep talk he gave me "ah you had nothing to be afraid of, you were always way better than all those other girls" I laughed slightly, dad sat down on my bed "how are you feeling" I asked standing in front of him "I'm tired" he replied slowly.

I couldn't help the tears that were threatening to fall "can I get you anything" he shook his head and stared at me. I knelt down in front of him "listen to me, I know that you think that you've made your choice but you can change your mind. You know you are strong enough to handle being a vampire, I mean your the strongest person I know" I tried reasoning "ah baby my strengths are all in my beliefs, becoming a vampire is wrong. People are not supposed to cheat death it's just what I believe, please respect that" I shook my head as anger boiled up inside me "how can you hate who I am so much, who Caroline is" I yelled slightly as I stood up backing away from him, he stood up and placed his hands on either side of my face "no sweetheart I don't hate you, I love you. Your strong and your beautiful and your good" I let the tears fall as I shook my head "no I'm not" I sobbed "and even after everything that has happened to you, you are exactly who your mother and I hoped you'd grow up to be" I sucked in a breath "then please don't leave us daddy, please don't leave me" he pulled me in to his arms as I cried in to his shoulder "shh parents aren't supposed to outlive their children Clarissa, it's okay. It's just life, this is what it means to be human" I pulled away and stared up at him "I need you to take care of Caroline baby, she needs you, she looks up to you" I nodded and hugged him again "I need her too"

I sat next my dad's bed as he lay lifeless on the duvet, Caroline s head was on my lap as she clutched his hand "I'm so proud of you sweetie" mom whispered in my ear as she placed a gentle kiss on my forehead and then on Caroline's. Carole sat up and looked at me "promise me you won't leave me Clary" I felt my heart shatter at the look on her face "I'm not going anywhere"

...............................................................................................................................................................................................

I poured a cup of green tea for both Caroline and I before heading back up stairs to my room "morning Care" I said to Caroline as she walked out of her room "morning Clary" she signed rubbing the side of her face "here, it your favourite" I handed her the cup and she smile slightly "Thank you' I sent a smile her way and walked in to my room. I placed my cup on my dresser and grabbed my hair brush. I stared at my reflection in the mirror, I looked tired, my waist long hair was scrunched up into a messy bun on the top of my head and there were slight dark circles under my eyes. I began brushing my hair when I noticed a small gift box on my pillow with an envelop carefully placed on top, I instantly looked around my room for any sign of invasion. Carefully I opened the envelop to see an invitation to the Mikaelson's for a ball "who the hell are the Mikaelson's" I stated out loud, I flipped the invitation over and rolled my eyes at the small hand written note.

           'Save me a dance love, I have someone I want you to meet' - Klaus

I tossed the invitation to the side and picked the velvert blue box up from bed, I took a deep breath and opened it. Inside was a beautiful diamond bracelet "You too huh" I turned to see Caroline holding a dress box with the same envelop attached to the top "apparently"

comment and let me know...