16

D.A.'s POV:
As soon as the car was parked, Party started to unbuckle himself from the seat. My arm slung over his chest to block his path and stop him from going anywhere while I started talking. He furrowed his brows at my actions and sat back into his seat. Taking in a breath of anxiety, I opened my mouth and began to speak.

"Dr. D privately talked to me earlier today in his office."

"Cool, why? Did he tell you that you were a great fighter? That's not really news."

I sighed, "No, he doesn't want us to be together. Officially. Until the rebellion ends."

"What the fück does that mean?"

"That you can't say what you said earlier."

"Ha, good luck with that darling."

"So you're just not gonna listen to what Dr. D told you to do?"

"We're rebels, what does he expect? We'll go against what he says if we don't feel like it's fair to us. Plus, he'll make an exception for me."

"I don't think he will after what happened today." My voice rushed at the sudden pain back in my side.

"My little troublemaker; what did you do?"

"I yelled at Fun and Jet then ran off to save your sorry äss. If Jet was any closer, he could've tried holding me back. Not that it would've worked."

"And now we're both shot." He snickered at his slightly dark humor.

"Yeah, I'm an idiot. Now let's get over to the medical wing before one of us collapses. Or collapses again, in your case." I pointed out with a sassy edge in my voice.

Party smiled at me as we went on our ways to the worried makeshift nurses and doctors stationed around the building. One of them inspected us briefly, sending us to separate rooms. My rowdy partner fake-pouted at me while I turned for my back to face him and headed into my assigned room. Only an instant later, the hand of a cocky bastård smacked my ãss as a farewell to me and I saw a wide smirk over Party's face as he left me with a wink.

A quick little flashback to him being absolutely animalistic towards me popped back into my mind and a blush heated my cheeks like wildfire. I pushed the not-so-appropriate memories away from my thoughts while the doctor entered the room, immediately looking at the bloody part of my abdomen. Having Party as a distraction had kept me from paying attention to it, and now that he was gone the pain was worse then ever. I felt a pulsing wave coming over me and my head started to ache while the doctor tried to ask me questions I couldn't quite comprehend with all of the pain.

"Uh, Miss? Did you hear me?" The raised tone of the doctor asked.

"Oh, sorry no." I hissed in a breath, "It just really fücking hurts."

"We're just going to patch it up and you'll be ready to go in a few weeks."

"What about Party?"

"He'll probably have the same treatment, but his wound isn't as serious so he should be ready a few days before you."

"Good, thanks. I just wanted to know that he was going to be okay."

"We'll get started by giving you a numbing shot that will make you pass out for a few hours."

"Fück, I hate needles." I muttered while turning my body to lay down on the padded cushion I had been sitting on.

My eyes shut tightly as I braced myself for the torture device to pierce the skin of my upper arm. My muscles tightened at the light stabbing sensation and the doctor had to hold down my forearm to stop it from shaking. I opened my eyes to peek at my surroundings before the world turned black and my mind shut down.

P.P's POV:
"Just lay down, this will be very quick and you'll be out like a light. Sorry for having to inject you, we all know how much you hate them." The familiar nurse apologized.

The doctor entered the room to make sure the nurse was doing everything right. It didn't take long for the girl to shove the thin piece of metal into my unharmed arm. The feeling was probably just all in my mind, but it was as if I could feel the liquid being forced into my body. Right before I fell unconscious, the doctor's words managed to slip through my mind.

"I don't know how the girl's gonna be after this. She was shot bad and we don't know how deep the shot went into her body so it could take a while longer than expected."

"What did you tell her?" The nurse asked.

"Obviously I didn't want to freak her out so she thinks it'll take only slightly longer than Party to recover."

"What did she say?"

"She just wanted to know if Party would be okay."

My gaze widened at her words, although I was only able to stay awake long enough to sit up halfway then fall back down. The last glance I'd gotten at Destroya's wound looked pretty nasty and could definitely hurt her way more than she let on. My worry was forcedly pushed away by whatever I was just injected with, so the horrible image of my girl's body passed out with a blood-covered torso was the last lingering thought of mine. But there was a throb in my chest from her care towards me even though she was shot much worse than me.