1.2

Maggie Collins

I had muted my phone trying not to catch attention or make any sudden noise to the person who was inside my house. I could hear some footsteps on the stairs. Please don't come into my room.

I hear the door open. I cover my mouth. Trying to hide my cries. The person must have been looking around. Trying to find something valuable. I guess because that's why I could hear drawers opening and closing. It seemed as if he had left. Because i heard a door close. I tried my best to call the police silently.

Hello 911 what's your emergency?

Hi , this is Maggie Collins there's someone in my house.

Maggie , honey we will get there soon what's your address baby ?

45 oak street.

Maggie , I'd like for you to stay on the phone just until the police get there.

Okay please hurry I'm so scared.

Honey try to stay calm and stay quiet.

Okay.

I heard the door open again. Lowering the volume a bit more. I could see a shadow. From where I was hiding. It was getting closer and closer to where I was at. I panicked but stayed quiet. That was until I heard police sirens. Then I saw it run. I stayed where I was just in case. But I heard a lot of gunshots. I heard the door slam open.

" Maggie Collins ? " I heard a deep voice. I haven't heard before.

I still hid. And stayed where I was.

" it's the police , your safe now " making me slowly come out of where I was hiding.

There was about 3 police guards. In my room. They asked me if I was okay and if I could please go outside to talk to the other police and answer some questions. They asked pretty basic stuff. I had a sudden urge to look at the window. And there was a man. White. Looked really buff. Had tattoos all over his chest and arms. He gave me a look as if he could kill me. Which made me want to pee my pants.

They wanted me to go back to the station with them. So I wouldn't have to stay alone and for my parents to pick me up. But that's the thing I didn't want to come back home. What's the point of having a robber or a killer inside your house if you already have a a drunk violent dad.

They made me sit on those cold uncomfortable chairs. I realized I Haven't texted jack back. Man he must be worried.

Jackjackjohnson: call the police!

Jackjackjohnson: Maggie ?

Jackjackjohnson: please tell me you're okay.

Jackjackjohnson: I hope you're okay...

Jackjackjohnson: I don't know what I'll do if I lost you...

Jackjackjohnson: I'm terrified right now.

Jackjackjohnson: please answer me.

Jackjackjohnson: say something...

Jackjackjohnson: please.