Prologue

I typed away on my computer in my office. It was a slow week, nothing too big came up. But I was more than ready to start the weekend. I just hoped that nothing would come up.

The day was coming to an end, and I descended the building in the elevator. Even though my day work was finished, I still needed to go on patrol tonight as Batman.

Waiting for me outside was my butler and friend Alfred. He was always there for me. Practically raised me when my parents were murdered right in front of me.

I smiled and nodded to him. "Alfred."

He opened the door for me. "Master Wayne."

I got in and he closed my door then sat in the driver's seat and started to drive home.

Once we were home, Alfred started to cook some dinner and I did some investing on a missing person's case. It was quiet in the manor, peaceful. Until, the doorbell rang.

Since I was closer and Alfred was cooking, I answered the door.

It was a man in a suit. On the driveway there was a black car with another man standing next to the back door.

"Good evening Mr. Wayne." The first man greeted. "I am Agent Michael Peterson."

I raised an eyebrow. "What kind of agent?"

"I work for the foster care sir."

I nodded and crossed my arms. "Okay. And why are you at my door?"

"Do you recognize the name Sarah Huntington?"

I thought for a moment. "Yes. I met her a few years ago. Haven't seen her since then. Why?"

The agent bowed his head. "Unfortunately, Ms. Huntington died two weeks ago due to cancer."

I closed my eyes and looked down with a sigh. "That... is unfortunate." I paused. "Did she suffer?"

The agent sighed. "It's cancer Mr. Wayne. Everyone suffers. But we didn't come here only to tell you of her passing." He paused. "You see, Ms. Huntington... she had a daughter... your daughter."

My eyes went wide. "What!?" This couldn't be true! I couldn't have a daughter! "Are you sure she's even mine?"

He handed me a file. "This is all of her paperwork. DNA tests, everything matches with you."

I skimmed over the papers and sure enough, I'm a match. I looked back at the agent. "W-Where is she?"

He turned back to the other man who opened the door. Then, out stepped a tiny little girl clutching onto a stuffed tiger. She had curly, auburn hair, and sea blue eyes. She walked up with the other man towards me and looked up at me. Then she smiled the most adorable smile I have ever seen.

"Hi

"Hi." She waved.

I waved back, still in shock. "Hi."

"So you're my daddy?"