Ten: The Brother

With Jared

Jared wasted no time. He rose from his coffin as soon as he sensed the sun setting and its heat waring off. Jared took a hot shower, changed into new clothes, threw his jacket over his shoulder and made his was to the front door. There was spark of hope and excitement entering his day, and he said a small prayer internally for this small, yet great change in his life. Him and Anna had planned to meet again. It was what people who were seeing each other do, that's what Jared thought that this generation did, and he was glad because he knew a strong connection had formed between the two, and he was hooked. 

"Going for a walk?" Shannon stood from the basement door, mouth curved into a smirk.

Jared turned to stare at his brother with his eyebrows raised in surprise. He thought that it would take Shannon and Tomo at least an hour more before they woke up. "I'm going to the bar." Jared replied. "It's vampire owned, that's where we get our blood bags."

Shannon  looked at Jared from top to bottom and then nodded. "You look really good. If I hadn't known I've would've guessed you're seeing a girl."

Jared stood straight and looked unbothered. "Do you need anything?"

"Thank you." Shannon's smirk was gone, but he stood there by the door and watched as his brother leave without looking back at him. He didn't wait to tease his brother, and with the idea of Jared hiding his thing for Anna was thrilling him. Shannon intended to know more about what could be going on in his brother's life as entertainment, until he finds what he came for.

With Anna

Anna and Sarah sat by the kitchen table together at Anna's to discuss Sarah's birthday plans for the coming week. 

" I don't think my house is party material." Anna told Sarah.

" It will do." Sarah beamed at Anna. " Your house has more space than mine."

"Okay." Anna signed. "How many people are you inviting?"

"Well." Sarah looked over the list she made. " Not much, don't worry about it. I will get the food and drinks, you make it work as a party place."

After they had finished planning, Anna looked up at Sarah and bit her lower lip. Feeling guilty that she was keeping something from both Sarah and Ryan. "I need to tell you something. You might not like it."

"What?"

Anna braced herself for the worst reaction from her best friend, but she knew that it was the right thing to do since she will be spending a lot of time away from them. "I'm seeing a guy, and...not just any guy."

"So?" Sarah smiled at her eagerly. "Who is he?"

"You wouldn't like it." Anna's cheeks shifted red. " He's a vampire."

Sarah's eagerness had disappeared. She looked at Anna with sadness in her eyes and disappointment. "Let me guess, is it the one who came in the diner with his friend the other day?" And when Anna nodded, Sarah shook her head and appeared irritated. "What the hell are you thinking?"

"I don't-"

"and what about your blood? he will eventually know about it if you ever let him taste you."

Anna squeezed her eyes shut and sighed deeply before looking up at Sarah with certain eyes. "Well, he...already knows." Anna informed her matter of factly. Sarah was speechless as she stared at Anna in shock. "It's a long story, but I actually found him one night bleeding on my way back home from the diner. Somebody had attacked him and he was dying. I saved him, and...Ryan helped, but I don't want him knowing about this! At least not now."