Two: Took a risk saving you

Ryan and the vampire guy sat in Anna's living room on the ground floor. The vampire guy had a blanket over his shoulders which he was holding across his chest . His short black hair fell across his face, bringing out his blue eyes.

Ryan sat on the couch in front of the vampire eyeing him carefully. The vampire appeared calmer and more confident than he did just three hours ago. His eyes were focused on the floor until Anna paused at the threshold with a small wet towel in hand in which then his eyes slid up to her and widened for a second as he observed her clearly for the first time under the artificial light. He found it hard to look away at first. One for the reason that he finally got to meet the girl who saved his life where he is in a normal state and not screaming in pain. And two is for the reason that her beauty did not fit in this generation. It was different and attracting. She was too pretty for Verum Valley. Anna had rich brown hair when most of the town's hair genetics were blond and red. Her facial features were soft making her appear relaxed and calm, her cheeks were scarlet red, and the most striking feature were her hazel eyes. Everything about her was beautiful to stare at. The vampire relaxed his expression a moment later and waited.

"Hey." Anna walked slowly towards the couch facing the vampire. "Do you remember what had happened to you? in the woods?" Anna paused for a moment, and when the vampire didn't reply, she continued as she recalled what had happened. " I heard you screaming in the dark. When I got out of my car to see what's going on.. I found you hurt and...you looked really bad. Then I tried to help you." She waited for any reaction from him. There was none. His eyes were locked with hers as he listened tentatively to every word. " I fed you my blood and then...I fed you more after your passed out. It healed that horrible wound that was on your ribs. I brought you here to heal, and this is my home." She looked around the living room indicating to him where he was.

The vampire nodded once in understanding, his expression unreadable, "Thank you...for saving my life." He finally spoke. His eyes then dipped down to study the rest of her body unconsciously, oblivious to everything else around him as he studied her petite hourglass figure. He knew both Anna and Ryan could see him staring, still, he didn't seem to care as he observed Anna.

"You're welcome." Anna's voice interrupted his reverie and brought his attention back to her face. There was still the question of whether he remembered the taste of her blood, which she knows is different than any other. "Do you remember?" Anna pushed around the question. There was no way he could have forgotten. He was hurt, not drunk, but despite that fact she had hoped with everything in her that he did not remember.

" I remember..." He said, his expression turned to something dark as he appeared to recall something horrible Anna did not know of. He was in fact attacked, but something darker showed on his face that Anna couldn't read.

"Okay good. He remembers!" Ryan slapped his palms on his thighs and looked back at Anna who was still looking at the vampire in concern. Ryan took a deep, worried breath then turned to the vampire and spoke carefully. "It's getting close to morning, if you...are all good. It's better you leave now before... you can't."

The vampire glanced at Ryan for a short moment, giving him a look at the awkward "you can't walk under the sunlight" hint for him to leave, but it was obvious that the sun wouldn't come out for three more hours which the clock behind Ryan on the wall revealed. Anna gave Ryan a long look that indicated she wasn't finished with the vampire. She wanted more answers..

Anna wasn't born with any normal type of blood. Hers for some reason she could never explain can highly boost a vampires's senses and strengths, and most dangerously, can make a vampire walk under the sun without getting burnt to death. This depends on the amount consumed of course, but Anna had only discovered all this when she was seventeen years old in an incident where a vampire, who was an acquaintance of her late father took a sip from her wrist and made her aware of how powerful and dangerous her existence among vampires was. The vampire who discovered her blood had disappeared then and she never heard of him since, but she came to know from him that her blood type had always been something that vampires had talked about and heard of for hundreds of years. It was sort of a myth; a blood that can allow vampires to walk among humans in the sunlight. Something that Anna never told anyone of except for Ryan. It was important that she knew whether the vampire still remembered or not because it could put her life in danger and expose her to all the vampires living in Verum Valley. As a twenty two year old, she managed to hide her secret for five years and had succeeded, until now.

Anna then seem to pick up on Jared's thought about the time, changing the subject, she said, "My name's Anna." She Introduced herself, "And this is my friend, Ryan." She nodded to Ryan. "He helped me bring you here."

His eyes turned soft at the sound of hearing her name. He gave Ryan a quick glance and nodded in appreciation then looked back at Anna. He licked his lips once as he focused his stare on her then said, "I'm Jared."

Anna felt her heart skip a beat upon hearing his raspy voice, overwhelmed by his stare. Ryan looked from Anna to Jared and back at Anna then stood up from the couch, " I'll go to the kitchen to.... grab some juice." He told Anna, but looked annoyed. "If you need anything just let me know okay?" he walked past her then walked back a step and whispered in her ear, "you said this won't be long...be careful with him." Then gave Jared a glance before leaving the room.

"It seems your friend, perhaps boyfriend? isn't very happy with me being here. Maybe I should leave." Jared spoke a moment later as he looked around the living room; surprising Anna with his comment.

Anna gave Jared a weird look then went to sit on the couch across from him. " Listen, before you go, I need you to tell me what you really remember."

"I remember everything. I know that..if it weren't for you-" Jared's chest rose just slightly to breathe in, then sighed, "I would've died." Jared appeared relieved, his eyes attentive as he looked at her and she looked back with a hint of blush. " If there's anything I could do to pay you back-" He paused when he noticed her face expression and then remembered...her blood. It tasted different to him. Their eyes met again as realization hit. He knew, and she knew that it was only a matter of time. There shared a moment in silence as Jared looked at her in amazement and disbelief.

Anna signed in desperation and looked away. She took a deep breath then looked back at him in determination, "Just that you keep quite about my.... secret." Tears in her eyes, she warned, "I took a risk saving you. Don't make me regret it. If anybody knew..my life would be in danger. So please!"

Jared didn't say anything back as he stared at her like she was something out of this world. This time he didn't hide his expression. Jared had heard of the type of blood many years back, but had never came across any vampire who did speak of the blood type as if it was something experienced before. But it was real, and breathing, and it was sitting in front of him at that moment. It was running in his veins and strengthening every cell of his, making him more stronger.

Anna repeated to him, bringing him back from his thoughts, "Please.. don't let anyone know."

Jared nodded to her, his face set, no softness in it whatsoever. "You have my word." He promised finally. He had to keep his promise from that moment on and he knew it. It will not only put her life in danger, but so will his and everyone else in town. The whole night seemed so surreal to him.

As realization hit him hard this time, Jared took a deep breath and stood up tall. He felt stronger than he ever had his entire life. He dropped the blanket he had over his shoulder on the couch and looked down to double check on the wound that had almost killed him, but it wasn't there. His skin was clean and looked healthy. And despite everything he was feeling and seeing and now believing, he knew he had to get back to his house and away from her. He didn't want anyone following his trace. He then looked up at Anna on the couch who was looking up at him in concern. He paused as if remembering something dangerous then asked, "Will you be okay for tonight?" Returning the same look of concern, his eyes lingered at her for a moment, and when she nodded in assurance, he said, "Thank you again for saving my life. I will forever be in your debt." Taking in the room he was in one last time, he finally turned from the room and walked out of the house.