Chapter 3

Astrid's career as a star was going really well. Everyone loved her. The Miss Teenage Hairspray pageant was going well. Amber and Astrid were tied. Velma kept sneaking off to do who knows what, though Astrid had a feeling that it had something to do with the Miss Teenage Hairspray Pageant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Astrid." Link called, seeing said girl sitting alone at the park.

"Oh, hey, Link." She replied. He walked over and sat down next to her.

"What are you doing?" He asked. She sighed.

"I'm writing." She answered.

"Writing what?" Link asked.

"A song."

"Can you sing it to me?" Link asked.

"Can you do anything other than speak in question form? And yes, I will. (A/N: Play the song at the top!)

You can't stop an avalanche,

As it raced down the hill.

You can try to stop the seasons,

But you know you never will.

And you can try to stop my dancing feet,

But I just cannot stand still.

'Cause the world is spinning

Round and round.

And my heart's keeping time

To the speed of sound.

I was lost till I heard the drums and I found my way.

You can't stop the beat." The girl held the papers with the lyrics out to Link and beckoned him to sing with her.
(A/N: Italics is Link, Bold is both)

"5 6 7 8

Ever since this old world began,

A woman found out if she shook it,

She could shake up a man.

So I'm gonna shake and shimmy it,

The best that I can today.

'Cause you can't stop

The motion of the ocean

Or the sun in the sky.

You can wonder if you wanna,

But I never ask why!

If you try to hold me down,

I'm gonna spit in our eye and say,

You can't stop the beat!"

"Wow. That's amazing!" Link complimented. Astrid mock-bowed.

"Thank you, thank you very much!" That night, both of them went home with smiles on their faces. However, that feeling soon disappeared, when Amber caused trouble the next day.

"I mean, please, anybody can get grass stains all over their back." Amber whispered to her cronies, who laughed at her so-called clever joke. Astrid rolled her eyes.

"Amber, stop it." Link spoke up. "I'm sick of you doing that just because she's a good dancer." Amber furrowed her eyebrows. Astrid moved slightly, listening to their conversation.

"I'm sorry. You think she can dance? Well, maybe you would rather have her as you partner!" Amber exclaimed. The teacher looked back at them.

"Excuse me?! What is going on back there?!" The teacher asked. Amber pulled a note out.

"Astrid! That's horrible! Mr. Black does not have breasts!" She said loudly. The teacher looked sharply at Astrid's outraged face. The look in her eyes said 'I'll get you back for this.' The teacher handed her a detention slip and her face immediately lit up. She quickly hid it and pretended to be sad as she began to walk out of the room. Link stood up.

"Oh, and Mr. Larkin, perhaps you'd like to share with the rest of the class Patrick Henry's immortal last words?" Mr. Black said angrily. Link looked at him before saying,

"Kiss my ass?" Long story short, he ended up getting a detention too. The minute the door to the classroom closed, Astrid began to skip around.

"FREEDOM!" She yelled. Link chuckled and followed her to the detention.

Edited 4/18/18