06: Horrified Looks From Everyone In The Room

CHAPTER SIX: Horrified Looks From Everyone In The Room

"Keep all special thoughts and memories for lifetimes to come. Share these keepsakes with others to inspire hope and build from the past, which can bridge to the future."

____

Stiles hustled along the suburban sidewalk, his quick steps on the pavement contrasting sharply with the languid pace of Scott and Luna behind him. When he glanced back over his shoulder, both of them dragged their feet on the concrete as though they'd rather be anywhere else.

After the ordeal at Derek's house, a very bewildered Isaac recounted his version of a badass woman who'd saved him from the Alpha Pack. Apparently, she arrived on a motorcycle with a literal shotgun in hand, or so he claimed. Stiles scoffed at the tale, Derek clearly thought the boy was still high off sedation, and Scott was just confused.

Isaac seemed a little upset about them not believing him for face value about the mystery girl, and Luna frankly thought that he might have been imagining things as well. Clearly, he was out of it from whatever injury or drugs he was on, and maybe he was just letting his erotic fantasies of being a damsel in distress cloud his judgment, but she digresses.

Anyway, she ended up going home with Stiles and Scott under very clear instructions to rest and eat and to not come back until Isaac was no longer high as a kite and could actually be trusted.

So, she did just that.

She went home, rested, enjoyed a hearty meal that took way too long to make, went through the motions of school the next day, and then somehow found herself swept away by Stiles on another one of his random side quest missions.

A mission to embarrass themselves, apparently.

"What?" Stiles turned around, walking backwards so that he could face Scott and Luna's matching unimpressed expressions.

"What do you mean, 'what'?" Scott asked, feigning innocence.

Luna couldn't help but smile. Stiles' irritation was a familiar source of amusement for her.

Stiles narrowed his eyes, "I mean, 'what'. And you know exactly what."

"What what?" Luna chimed in playfully.

Stiles just groaned loudly and fell back in step with them. One thing he quickly learned after befriending Luna and having her in on his and Scott's usual random escapades, was that the girl loved to rile him up. Scott was easily agreeable to whatever Stiles wanted to do, Luna just always had to fight back and influence Scott into doing the same. He could never win around her.

"That look you guys were giving!" He threw his hands out, narrowing his eyes at Scott first because out of all of them, he was most likely to break.

Scott exchanged a quick glance with Luna, "We weren't giving a look."