09: XOXO Gossip Girl

CHAPTER NINE: XOXO Gossip Girl

"High school is easy. It's like riding a bike and the bike is on fire and the ground is on fire and everything's on fire because you're in hell."

____

"Are you sure that's what he said?" Luna shook her head, extending her hand to Deaton who tended to the wound on her wrist from Isaac's claws. She was sitting on top of one of the operation tables alongside Isaac, who looked particularly sulky about the marks even though it really wasn't his fault. He was still shaking and weak, a towel tucked tightly around him with messy damp hair curling tightly, the picture-perfect image of a sad puppy. The four punctures of his claws in her skin formed a perfect line, and a bruise was already forming identical to his grip was already forming. It looked a lot worse than it felt. Because all she could feel was numbness, whether it be from the ice cold water or the shocking news about Erica. She honestly couldn't bring herself even care about her wound at that point, too focused on the bombshell that had just dropped on them. "Because I didn't see a dead body." She tried to reason.

Maybe it was possible for the Alpha pack to somehow replace Isaac's memories. Maybe Isaac thinks Erica's dead, but in reality, she's locked up in the vault with Boyd relatively safe. Or maybe his mind was just playing tricks on him. It could have been some other blonde woman he found, not Erica.

"She's not dead!" Derek snapped, pacing back and forth.

Stiles shot him an 'are you dumb?' look before unsympathetically calling out Derek's blatant denial. "Derek, he said, 'There's a dead body. It's Erica.' That doesn't exactly leave us much room for interpretation."

"Then who's the other person in the vault with Boyd?" Derek reiterated. Because when they first overheard Boyd talking, it was clearly with someone else. What other person would the Alpha pack keep hostage if not Erica?

"Someone else, obviously," Stiles retorted. He put a hand up to his temple, completely done with Derek and the entire situation really. "Maybe the Alphas are collecting strays, I don't know!"

Luna glared at him then, her head was telling her to reach over and smack some sense into him, but her heart was telling her that he was a friend whose usual state was compromised of sarcasm and bluntness.

Well.... friend or fake boyfriend, take your pick.

Derek stopped pacing then, turning to her expectantly even though she was far from expecting. She kind of wanted to hide or something under his gaze. "You would've known if Erica died."

And she just stared back at him, completely confused. "How exactly would I have known?"

He glared back at her as if she should already understand him without having to hear an explanation, then rubbed his eyes, clearly trying to restrain his frustration and hold back at snapping at her. "You're nosebleed. The black blood. It was because of Isaac, not the deer. And I know you didn't sleep well that night either, too busy worrying about Isaac, right?"