13: His Night Sky

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: His Night Sky

"Baby, let's shine as bright as the stars one day. All it takes is one push. One push and I'm yours."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"I need your advice."

Those were the words Luna meant to say to Lydia as soon as she caught sight of her in the hallway. Throughout the day she'd been sending the strawberry blonde about a million SOS messages, all of which were ignored. She couldn't be too mad though because it just gave her an excuse to skip her morning classes, which was coincidentally the right thing to do considering she started to feel extremely light-headed and anxious the longer the day progressed. She just assumed it was the festering dredges of dread about everything with Stiles making her feel that way, and she worked harder to sort out everything she wanted to say because of it. She meticulously planned it all out in her notebook, with distinct points, a timeline of events, and even a thesis explaining the mess she found herself in.

Yet, when she finally caught up Lydia in the hallway, all that essay preparation went right out the window, and instead, she blurted out:

"I kissed Stiles!"

There wasn't even a second to let the words seep in before her mouth was moving again and more words were flying out. "Well, actually, I made out with Stiles." She started, but that wasn't where it ended. "Like full on, he was grabbing my hair," She mimicked one hand tugging at her scalp. "And I was grabbing his shirt," Her other hand twisted into the front of her shirt, "and we were, like, leaning into each other all hot and heavy. It was kind of like one of the teen dramas you always watch, where Elena and Damon suddenly start going at it. Except now it's super awkward, and he's acting like nothing happened, and I think I might be a little in love with him because I'm delusional like that, and I don't know what to do!"

She panted for breath and collapsed back against the row of lockers, banging her head dramatically into the metal for the final touch of anguish.

Meanwhile, Lydia stared at her. Just stared. First, she'd had to deal with Stiles' nonsensical ramblings about ancient societies and sacrifices, and now, not even five minutes later, his girlfriend was there freaking out about something as simple as a kiss.

Her green eyes pierced right into Luna's very soul for what felt like a super long minute before she deadpanned, "What's the problem?"

"What's the problem?" Luna scoffed. "The problem is that I kissed Stiles! Are you not hearing me!"

"Are you drunk?" Lydia asked, turning to put her code into her locker. This felt like typical drunk Luna behaviour, rambling on and on about one stupid that that she claimed would make her life doomed. The amount of time Lydia has had to take away the wine glass and replace it with a slice of pizza to distract her was honestly more than she can even count.