16: Take Off The Rose-Tinted Glasses

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Take Off The Rose-Tinted Glasses

"When I fade off into the darkness that you don't understand, I hope you wait for me to step back into the light."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Jared, you suck! Hey, somebody grab some towels or a mop! Maybe even a new bus!"

It didn't take long for Stiles to come up with an idea to get the bus to stop. It might have been a bad one, one that made all of the werewolves immediately gag from the pungent smell, but it worked nonetheless.

He somehow made Jared projectile vomit all down his seat and then some.

But that wasn't what mattered. What mattered was getting his two friends out before they died in the back of a school bus of all places.

Somehow, they managed to make it to the rest stop less than five minutes from the incident. It didn't mean Stiles' job got any easier, though. Not when both Luna and Scott were injured enough to no longer be steady on their own feet and he'd rather jump off of a cliff than leave one of them behind. Thankfully, that was where Allison and Lydia came into play.

As soon as the bus doors opened, they hopped in and rushed past all of the players.

Quickly, Allison fit herself underneath Scott's arm, looking like she had the full intention of carrying him all the way out herself even though he weighed almost double what she did. Stiles looked torn enough about the idea of leaving Luna that Lydia took the choice away from him and fit herself underneath Scott's other arm. By sheer willpower alone she could do anything she put her mind to, even if she if it was hobbling in her five-inch heels to shuffle Scott along.

"Alright, Luna," Stiles said, doing his best not to jostle her injury but all but carrying her as they made their way out. She was dead weight in his arms, her shoes dragging in the dirt. "We're almost there. If you die right now, I swear to god I'll kill you myself, okay?"

Thee group shuffled the two supernatural into the restroom and Lydia locked the door behind them. Scott was set down between the two sinks, propped up against the stained tile wall, and Lydia took one look at everything before shucking her jacket off and throwing it down for them to set Luna on in a much more graceful manner.

There was no way in hell she was letting her best friend sit on a disease infested restroom floor without a layer of protection.

For the first time, Scott's jacket fell open as they moved him and the full extent of his bloody torso made everyone gasp.

"Oh God, why didn't you tell us?" Allison asked, her voice shaking as she kneeled next to him, her hands itching to be helpful but not knowing how.

"Luna isn't looking good either, what are we supposed to do?" Lydia called for their attention, moving to the side to show the bite wound that seemed to be spreading with black veins twisting down her arm and her torso. Lydia had managed to pull Luna's sweater off with Stiles' help, and without the fabric hiding most of it like before, it looked far worse.