8

I hadn't noticed the people that now surrounded us. The whole time I had thought they were walkers who didn't know where to go.

Then I heard voices - human voices. They grew louder and louder.

"Quiet!"

I opened my eyes in an instant and met Percy's that looked back at mine. He looked around and his face started turning red.

I lifted myself off of him, moving the dead walkers away from us as I looked at the crowded little circle that now surrounded us.

I met the gaze of Poseidon. He had an expression of disgust and pure hatred. He started walking closer and my heart went on overdrive. Immediately, I stepped in between Percy and him. I didn't care what relationship they had. Poseidon was a dangerous man.

"Get away from my son." He growled but I stood my ground. I held the knife in my hand ready to strike.

Poseidon took a step closer. "Do you see this?" He turned around to everyone, gesturing to my weapon. "He's dangerous. He doesn't belong here."

My eyes bore into the back of his neck. How badly I wanted to stab him. He deserved it for what he's done to me. Now he was going to walk off innocently.

He turned around to me and smiled. I felt like a wild animal that needed putting down. His words were starting to affect me as well. Was I dangerous?

"Poseidon. That's enough." Athena stopped the staring contest between us.

It took all of me not to attack him. All of me not to slit his throat. My thoughts went wild and blood thirsty. I was an animal.

I couldn't control myself. My hands started shaking and my eye twitched. I could see everyone staring at me. They were confused and afraid. I felt the dirt on my face and my clothes weren't any cleaner.

Athena walked next to me and put a hand on my shoulder. Instantly, I was relaxed. My hand let go of the knife I had been holding the entire time. She pulled off the gag around my neck and dropped it to the floor.

"Go back inside." She whispered to me before taking off to Poseidon. She turned him around, demanding a talk between the two of them. She sent everyone else off to repair the broken parts of the wall or help any of the injured.

I kept my head down as I walked back to my house. It wasn't long until I heard footsteps coming behind me and the sound of Percy's voice.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"We can't talk."

"Well, we already are so you might as well answer my question."

I kept walking until I was at the front porch of the house. I sighed and turned back to him. He looked as if his father hadn't threatened to shove me out of the community. He was smiling bright even with the mud streaks that marked his cheeks.

"I'm okay."

"Can I come in?"

"Percy..."

"Look, I'm not going to ask about what happened back there, but it shouldn't have to affect us from talking." He walked straight up to the door, opened it, and stepped inside.

"You know I'm not staying." I followed him and closed the door.

He looked around the place, picking up picture frames and inspecting the paintings on the wall. He walked into the living room and sat on the couch. I came over and stood next to him.

"How's your shoulder?"

He put a hand over the bandage. "When you fell on me last night, my shoulder..."