15

(Nico's POV)

It wasn't my idea.

In fact, I was just on my way to leave until I heard a knock on the gate doors. Jason and Percy were just behind them. They looked as terrible as ever. Jason's hair was nearly bleached and Percy looked like he went through a bloody blender.

I wasn't trying to get into any more trouble. I knew this place wouldn't last long and my guessimate was right. I just wish...I don't know. I wish it was different this time. I could have a home and some friends. Like old times.

See? I'm not completely heartless. I used to have a sister and parents. A loving family. Bedtime stories and a soothing voice putting me to sleep. Ever since that outbreak, I was the only company I had. I think that's what turned me crazy.

I tried my best not to be alone. My thoughts were scary and dark. I tried to surround myself with others, even if I didn't know them. I needed a distraction, anything worked.

I never made it home. I refused to go back, even if my parents did manage to survive. I was afraid I would be wrong and come back to their undead eyes.

Bianca was all I had. She held my hand through the way, protected me; she was the reason I went on. Now that's she's gone, my desire to live only became stronger. I fought to find her.

I couldn't wait to see the look on his eyes when I held my blade against his throat and drops of his blood spilled onto my hands.

Things only got better when Will found me. I never knew I could be so happy. It's like all my shadows from the night disappeared and he was shedding light into my world.

When we got to Half Blood Hill, Will immediately took me to the infirmary. He suggested that he take care of me and didn't stop until I felt better. I still don't know why he put so much time and pressure with me.

It was nice while it lasted. His perfect smile, his sparkling blue eyes, his intoxicating voice, his millions of freckles that danced across his nose and shoulders. I spent hours trying to count them all but he seemed to gain more every second. I think what I admired the most about him was his hands.

They were long and slender, perfect for playing strings, perfect for cupping my face. They had their flaws, ripped callouses on the tips of his fingers and chewed nails for when he got nervous or couldn't sleep at night. They were what sent me on overdrive whenever they touched me, but at the same time could calm me down in an instant. They were the same hands that kept me from harm's way. They were the last I ever saw of him.

The whole time I was laying down in bed, Will was running around the room checking my temperature and making sure I was comfortable. He even asked if I had any cuts or bruises any where else which left him blushing the entire time when I took off my shirt for him to see.

"Hey...you okay?" I asked him. I never saw a face so red.

He shook his head then quickly nodded. "Yes! Uh...I mean, I'm okay. Are you okay? Is anything broken, no wounds or...nothing?"

He blabbered on like that for a couple minutes. I felt a little worried that he wasn't looking me in the eye but kept his head down the entire time. I gripped my shirt in my hands, wrinkling it until it a drop of cool liquid escaped. It fell on my knees but the color wasn't clear like water. Will noticed this too and immediately shut up. He lifted his head to me and stepped forward. It looked like he was going to say something but decided against it.

"How about you get cleaned up?"

-

"You feeling better?"