13

(Percy's POV)

I recognized him immediately.

I almost had my doubts if it wasn't for his friend with the eye patch. I thought he'd be dead for sure but I guess people are stronger now a days.

I suspect he knew it too. They both did. I always caught them watching me. I thought I saw them outside my window the other night. I didn't feel safe here. Even from the beginning. There was no way I could stay here any longer.

Jason would notice something though. If I told him, he'd pull a knife out on the whole town.

I couldn't get him into this. I had to make up some reason to go back.

"You know, being here with a bunch of people and walls around me doesn't really suit me. I guess you could say I'm a traveler. I can't stay in one place for so long. Always on the move."

Octavian gave an amused face to my response. He looked at his one eyed friend who I'd come to know by the name of Ethan. He had black hair like me but was deathly pale. His bangs covered his one good eye making it seem impossible for him to be able to see.

"Percy." Ethan chuckled. "Percy, Percy, Percy-"

"What'd you do with your eye?" I asked.

The smile wiped off his face completely. "It was no longer of use. Things that are of no use to us are simply worthless and should be eliminated immediately. Don't you think so, Octavian?"

"I can see one of these things right now." He answered with a devilish smile.

"What do you want from me?" I demanded.

Ethan jumped onto me with such swiftness, I had no time to react or prepare myself for the excessive weight and push that tumbled onto me. He sat on my stomach and held a knife above my left eye.

"Revenge. Isn't it obvious? An eye for an eye."

"Ethan."

He got off me and tucked his knife behind his belt. They both stood together with their hands behind their backs.

"You want to leave, don't you?"

I didn't answer.

"I have a proposition for you." Octavian walked behind me. "Every week we go out for supplies and recruits. We hunt and kill. You are going to accompany me on the next one tomorrow."

"Where are you going with this?"

"You have a one minute head start once you past these gates. If you can survive until dark, I'll let you leave with all your belongings and your blonde friend. But you can not come back here again."

"What am I surviving?"

"Oh right. We're hunting you. You're our prey."

-

Today was the day of my sentence. At least that's what it seemed like. Octavian kept me locked inside my room the entire night. When I woke up, I found the door wide open.

I was trying my best to stay away from Octavian and his henchmen. The quicker I found Jason, the quicker we could get out of here alive. Except, it was beginning to be a harder task than I could handle. He wasn't in his room or the dining area. I couldn't see him anywhere out in the courtyard.

I was beginning to panic.

What if Octavian had something to do with his disappearance?

"Looking for someone?"

I turned around and found Octavian right where I didn't want him. There was no one around but me and him. There was no way of knowing if he was armed and ready to kill me right then.