The Potions Master

(Edited) 

 /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////\//////////

 "WAKE UP, WAKE UP. I DO NOT WANT TO BE LATE FOR OUR FIRST DAY GET YOURBUTT UP!!!!"

 I seriously hate mine and Hermione's wake up greetings. It's too early for my liking but it's the first day of school so I want to make a good impression on the teachers. I got up and got dressed and headed down to the great hall for some breakfast.After we ate we headed to first which was transfiguration, the class I'm looking forward to the most. 

Hermione and I did get lost, even though we read all about Hogwarts we had to acknowledge that it mentioned stairs could move as well as doors. 

 "You know what would be handy? A freaking map," I hissed, crossing my arms as we passes the same hallway. "I mean, you send eleven-year-olds to this school and expect them to find their way around changing staircases and vanishing doors and moving portraits l—" 

"I have to visit my friends!" A nearby portrait shouted at me. 

"Oh shut up! You aren't supposed to move," I snapped. 

"Pennelope," Hermione warned. "Look, here it is!"Surprisingly we entered before anyone else arrived, perhaps they got lost too. 

 "Transfiguration is some of the most complex and dangerous magic you will learn at Hogwarts. Anyone messing around in my class will leave and not come back. You have been warned." McGonagall said as she changed her desk into a pig and back again, I was staring in awe, Hermione and I were taking notes like crazy, then we were all given a match to turn into a needle like Percy had said. 

Hermione and I were the only ones who turned the match into a needle I was very pleased when McGonagall showed the whole class how well we did. We did so well that we even got a rare smile. 

You probably know by now that I am a Know-It-All, and I like people to know it. 

After transfiguration my sister and I headed for the Great Hall for lunch, Harry and Ron were seated across from us in deep conversation.

 "Double potions with the Slytherin's," said Ron, not realising Hermione and I were sitting there staring at him "Snape's head of Slytherin house. They say he always favours them - we'll be able tosee if it's true."

 "I wish McGonagall favoured us," said Harry, his head falling onto his knuckles. 

McGonagall is head of Gryffindor house, but that didn't stop her from giving us a huge pile of homework.

 "The owls will be coming, I hope mom and dad sent us something," I said, realising Harry and Ron weren't going to greet us at all, but sure enough the owls flew in. Mint, our owl swooped down with a letter, but with my luck it fell into my bowl of syrup.

 "Great," I mumbled as I picked up the sticky letter.

 'dear my two little girls, I hope you are having a wonderful timethere I miss you guys soooooo much. 

 I keep wanting to bring home the plastic gloves you always beg me to get, but then I realise there's no one to give them to.Hope you will be home for Christmas, well gotta go, love you! 

 Mom and dad <3' 

 Inside the letter were two pairs of plastic gloves from mum's dentist office, for some odd reason she always gave them to us whenever she could.

 "Nothing says 'I love you' like a pair of plastic gloves," I commented, taking my pair and placing them in my school bag. "Come on, lets head down to potions."I stood up from my seat and took hold of Hermione's elbow, Ron glanced at us briefly before returning to his conversation with Harry.