Erised

Edited
//////////////////////////////////////////////

Christmas was coming. One morning in mid-December, Hogwarts woke to find itself covered in snow. The lake was frozen solid and the Weasley twins were punished for bewitching several snowballs so that they followed Quirrell around, bouncing of the back of his turban. While the Gryffindor common room and the Great Hall had roaring fires, the drafty corridors had become Icy and bitter wind rattled the windows in the classrooms. The worst of all Professor Snape's classes down in the dungeons,

"I do feel sorry, for all those people who have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas because they're not wanted at home." Draco Malfoy said, looking at Harry as he spoke.

"You're not going home?" I asked, looking over at him.

"No," Harry said simply, avoiding my eye as he looked down at his empty plate.

"Then I'm not," I stated, leaning back and crossing my arms.

"What, no don't stay here because of me," said Harry looking at me, shaking his head.

"I want to," I said, smiling softly. "Is Ron staying too?"

"Yeah." Harry said. "Is Hermione?"

"No" I shrugged. "We were going to go home together and celebrate, but it's fine, my parents will understand."

At the end of Potions, we found a large fir tree blocking the corridor ahead. Two enormous feet sticking out at the bottom and a loud puffing sound told us that Hagrid was behind it.

"Hi, Hagrid, want any help?" Ron asked sticking his head through the branches.

"Nah, I'm all righ', thanks, Ron."

"Would you mind moving out of the way?" Came Malfoy's cold drawl behind us "Are you trying to earn some extra money, Weasley? Hoping to be gamekeeper yourself when you leave Hogwarts, I suppose - that hut of Hagrid's must seem like a palace compared to what your family's used to." Ron dived for Malfoy just as Snape came up the stairs.

"WEASLEY!"

Ron let go of the front of Malfoy's robes.

"He was provoked, Professor Snape, Malfoy was insultin' his family." Hagrid said, sticking up for Ron.

"Be that as it may, fighting is against Hogwarts rules, Hagrid, five points from Gryffindor, Weasley, and be grateful it isn't more. Move along, all of you." Snape said.

Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle pushed roughly past the tree, scattering needles everywhere and smirking.

"I'll get him," said Ron grinding his teeth at Malfoy's back ,"One of these days. I'll get him-"

"I hate them both, Malfoy, and Snape," Harry pitched, clenching his fists.

"Oh, come on cheer up, it's nearly Christmas!" I said, jumping and clapping trying to cheer them up.

"Tell yeh what, come with me an' see the Great Hall, looks a treat," Hagrid said. Leading all four of us to the great hall, where Professor McGonagall and professor Flitwick were busy with decorations.

"Ah Hagrid,the last tree - put it in the far corner, would you?" The hall looked spectacular. Festoons of holly and mistletoe, and no less than twelve towering Christmas trees stood around the room, some sparkling with tiny icicles, some glittering with hundreds of candles.

"How many days you got left until yer holidays," Hagrid asked.

"Just one," Hermione said." Oh and that reminds me- Harry, Ron, Penny, we've got half an hour before lunch, we should be in the library."