Chapter 8

Like promised, here's the newly updated chapter. SONG ABOVE IS MMMMM. Love it.

Make sure to comment as you read!

Unedited.
*****************
There was a moment of hesitation when he didn't answer my question. I took a quick glance at my surroundings, analyzing it's empty streets and different escape routes.

Could I make a run for it? The chance of escape was slim. He would catch me, no doubt.

I didn't know if I was to be thankful that one of my enemies had been wiped out, by the hands of his fellow Fallen companion. It could either be for the benefit or the worse. Who knows what the blond devil had planned.

"Come on." He strode towards me, grabbing my wrist and pulling me with him, towards the edge of the street.

"N-no." I pushed my heels into the ground, feeling as if I wanted to scream from the bottled rage within me. "What the fuck is going on?"

The Anater stopped, yet kept his eyes forward, his back turned towards me. "I'll explain once we get you to safety. You're a bright glow stick in a dark room right now. The others will sense you."

"Safety? You're the one I should be running from!"

He turned around, pulling me towards him violently. I gasped as I looked up into his darkened orbs. "Right, but you can't. So how about you shut it, follow, and do as I say. I won't be afraid to do the same to you." He nudged his head toward his dead comrade.

I gulped, my eyes lowering from his intense glare. He nodded in satisfaction, turning to pull me once again roughly by the arm.

After a slim moment of silence, I spoke to release the burning questions I held. "Why'd you do that? What do you want from me? Who are you t-taking me to?"

He didn't reply, only tightened his grip on my bruising arm.

"You killed h-"

"I didn't."

I frowned. How stupid could he be? I was right in front of him and the body! "Y-yes, you did. I saw you break his neck."

"He isn't dead. Fallen can't die. We're immortal." He spoke with such bitter hate, for a minute I almost thought I heard a tint of sadness in his voice.

I frowned, confused. "We kill Anaters all the time." I said, thinking back to the many times I had shot down a monstrous creature like him.

I could make out a small crooked grin line his lips in the corner of my eye. "You and your kind simply injure them. We heal, get back on our feet. Much like that one back there, so hurry it up."

That was news to me. All these years, we thought that a single shot to the chest would bring one down, when all this time, none of them were wiped from this world. There were never any Anater casualties.

He chuckled. "Humans are pitiful."

I stumbled when he quickened his pace, rounding around an abandoned yellow taxi car in the middle of the street. "Then why am I still alive? Where are you taking me?"

He stopped brusquely, my body colliding into his violently. "Hey! Wat-"

"Here."