XIII. The Battle

*Aure's POV*

We finally were at the city of Theed. Anakin, the two Jedi and me followed Padmé to the main hangar, together with about some Naboo guards and pilots. There, the pilots would get to the starfighters, fly to the droid control spaceship and destroy it.

Once we reached the main square of the city, we splitted in two groups: the soldiers and I hid behind the wall of a building while Padmé, Anakin, the Jedi and the pilots found their own spot.

From my position, I received Padmé's light signal, which meant that it was time to draw the enemy's attention to me. I spotted a droid whose back was turned to us and I knew it was my opportunity. I silently walked out of my hiding place, blaster pointed at the droid in hand. The soldiers stayed back with their guns ready to shoot.

After taking a deep breath, I shouted "Hey, dumbass! You better get out of here!"

The droid turned around quickly and yelled "Blast her!" and my troops ran to join me.

In a matter of seconds, the plaza was filled with droids that fired at us. I took my two blasters and the soldiers and I fired back at them.

As the battle erupted, Padmé and the rest rushed into the hangar while I stayed outside with our few soldiers slay the battle droids. When the droids were too close to be shot, I reached for my staff, which was hanging from my shoulder and resting on my back.

Alarms started to sound in the hangar, causing some droids to follow my friends. From the square, I could hear the explosions from the hangar caused everytime a droid was hit. Hopefully, all of them would be alright. I knew Padmé was a great shooter, I had taught her years before, and the Jedi were... Well, they were Jedi, I was sure they had fought worst enemies than brainless droids. The one who got me worried was Anakin, he was just a child who had never been in a battle, anything could happen to him.

After some minutes destroying droids, I saw two of our starfighters exit the main hangar; a tank fired at one of them, which caused it to fall and explode. Once there were no more droids to battle at the square, the troops and I entered the hangar, where my friends were still fighting. All together, we quickly defeated the few remaining battle droids and joined Padmé and the Jedi.

I looked at Obi-Wan, who grinned at me and mouthed "Good job", making me smile back.

I looked away from him when Padmé said "The Viceroy must be in the throne room."

We were all heading to leave the hangar when I saw Ani hiding in a starfighter. He wanted to come with us, but Qui-Gon obviously didn't let him. I shrugged apologetically at the kid, knowing that he wanted to help too.

Suddenly the exit door opened, revealing a figure behind it. It was the same person that Qui-Gon had fought back in Tatooine. He pulled down his hood, showing us his face, red and black, with red eyes and small horns on his head. He was terrifying.

Padmé and the rest backed away, while the Jedi and I stepped forward. I held my staff tightly and got into a fighting position, ready to fight, but Obi-Wan pushed my arms down. "No, Aure, you won't fight him. We'll handle this." He had never talked to me so strictly before.

I nodded hesitantly and hanged my staff back on my shoulder. "Be careful... Both of you." I sighed before placing a quick kiss on Obi-Wan's cheek. Then, I momentarily glaced at Qui-Gon, who was smirking slightly. "Thank you," I said to him before leaving with the rest to the throne room.

I don't know why I did that right then and there, I wasn't really thinking. It was... Natural. I felt like I had to do that in case something happened to him.