An Attempt

TW: suicide attempt

*Rose's POV*

I walked back into John's room and saw him holding a pack of ice against his jaw. He noticed I was crying and jumped up and came to me.

"Where's George?" I asked.

"He left to pick up Richard at his party, Rose what happened?" he asked worried.

"He hates me." I whispered.

"No he doesn't Rose, he's just upset-"

"No John you don't understand!" I screamed. "He looked at me like I was worthless, like I was nothing to him anymore. He couldn't care less about me anymore." I cried onto John.

John held me. I kept crying. I felt horrible.

"Do you know what he called me before you came in?" I said with a mixture of anger and sadness.

John looked at me, signalling me to continue.

"A whore." I barley made out.

John face turned angry. His eyes flickered and his hands were made into fists.

"He really called you that?" he growled.

"Yes." I said.

John went passed me towards the door.

"No John!" I ran to the door and blocked his path.

"Why Rose? He broke your heart, bruised your fucking wrists, and called you a whore. I think I need to beat the fuck out of him." he said angrily.

"No John, fighting doesn't make it better, it makes it worse. Please don't John, just stay with me." I hugged him.

That calmed him down a little. "Let me talk to him." he tried.

I hesitated. "Only talk?"

He nodded.

I got out of his way and he grabbed my hand.

"No John I don't want to-"

He shushed me. He pounded on the door.

Paul opened the door. "What the fuck do you want?"

"What the fuck is your problem Paul?"

He looked at me. "Her."

I looked down. I felt his stare burn through me. He terrified me.

"She didn't do anything!" John cried.

"Oh yeah, she didn't do anything. No wonder she's pregnant." Paul said sarcastically.

John had a guilty look on his face.

Paul walked toward me. He came close, really close. My heart was pounding, I was shaking. I held my breath. I felt John squeeze my hand.

"You're disgusting. You've only ever caused trouble between the two of us. Do us all a favor and disappear. Why don't you just kill yourself?" Paul asked.

I was shocked. I put my hand over my mouth and cried silently. He hated me so much he wanted me dead.

John shoved Paul back. "Paul what the fuck happened to you? he asked shocked.

Paul didn't reply. He was busy watching me cry.

Then he closed the door.

John took my hand and led me back to his room. As soon as we got in I started to sob. John pulled me into a hug.

He held me there for a long time.

"It's okay Rose, things will get better." he kissed my lips.

I didn't reply.