Loss

*Rose's POV*

John had gone out with Richard and George shopping. George had gotten a date that night with this girl names Pattie, who he really seemed to like. So the other boys decided to help him look his best for her.

I sat at home feeling bored, and that's when I remembered Paul wasn't busy. I decided to ring him up.

I dialed his number. "Please pick up." I whispered to my self.

After a few rings, I heard a "Hello?" on the other line.

I smiled. "Hi Paul, it's Rose."

"Oh hello Rose." he replied.

"I was wondering if you were not busy, would you like to come over today? John, George and Ringo went to the mall shopping." I told him.

"Sure. Do you need anything?" he asked.

"No, just want to be with a good friend. Oh, and bring your guitar, it'll be like the good old days."

I could tell he was smiling. "Yeah that sounds fun. I'll be over soon. Bye love."

"Bye Paulie."

I smiled to myself. It felt good to have a positive connection to Paul again.

I decided to wear something nice. I put on a simple blouse and a skirt. He should feel lucky. I smirked to myself.

I went to find my guitar and my song book. I started warming up when there was a knock on the door.

Paul was here.

I opened the door to find a handsome Paul giving me a small smile. He held his guitar case in his hand.

I smiled back and welcomed him inside. He looked happier now. He smiled more, the color was returning to his eyes, his plump lips were a beautiful shade of pink again, and his super pale skin had turned slightly pale but full of life.

I haven't played guitar in a while, so Paul helped me regain my memory of the chords and fingerings. He was patient and soft with me. I liked that a lot.

When I got my memory back Paul and I began to play songs we used to sing when we were teenagers. I haven't seen him smile that big in a long time.

After a little bit of playing, we stopped to take a break.

"I'll be right back, I've got something to show you." I told Paul.

I went into my room and grabbed the stash of papers I kept in my memory box. I walked out and handed them to Paul.

"Remember these?" I asked.

He smiled really big. They were the notes, letters, and drawings we used to pass in school. "Yeah! You still kept them?" he asked.

"Of course." I said.

"Remember this one?" he asked handing me a piece of paper.

I looked at it and smiled. Of course I remembered this one. It was the first sign Paul showed that he had any romantic interest in me. It was the drawing of me writing with little hearts surrounding me.

"Turn it around!" I remembered Paul whispering to me that day.

I turned it around and saw the little note he left me. I felt warm inside.

"Oh this was my favorite." I blushed.

I heard Paul chuckle.

There was an awkward silence afterwards.

"Uh...I'm going to make some tea. Want any?" I asked.

"Sure."

I rushed into the kitchen and took out the tea and tea cups. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen.