Chapter Two

[ Dipper's P.O.V ]

It was never my intention to disappear. I never wanted to fade from my role in life. I didn't want to be erased completely from the people I loved, but because of my stupidity, the acknowledgement that I was stubborn, I failed. And now I'm going to rot in the darkness to be engulfed by a dream demon.

✎ . . ✐ . . ✘

The minute Dipper woke up, he ran his fingers through the journal for comfort. Didn't eat or attempted to say hello to the others. But the minute he was on the page he wanted to be on, the book was snatched out of his hands. This, of course made Dipper snap. "Give it back!" He yelled, jumping in the air to try to grab it.

Grunkle Stan threw it to his other hand, shaking his head. "Kid, go downstairs!" Stan ordered with a stern look on his face. Dipper glared at the ground, mumbling something under his breathe. Stan sighed, worried for the kid that he was currently the guardian of. When he ate breakfast the only thing on his mind was the letter and his nightmare. Mabel noticed this and grabbed waddles, carrying him up to Dippers face.

"Smile for the pig!" She giggled. Dipper smiled to the pet pig only so his sister wouldn't worry as much. In the afternoon he had assigned duties at the Mystery Shack, being the cashier and all since Wendy had moved on. Soos on the other hand was the new owner of the Mystery Shack. Along with his girlfriend, Melody there to help clean. More time together, right?

And then night came rolling around and with a smirk, Dipper escaped having to socialize. He grabbed his journal from where his Grunkle had hid it and began investigating again. But once he took a step forward into his room everything turned colorless. Just black and white. With a certain somebody to come tumbling in.

Dipper held onto the journal tightly, hiding it in his vest. The pupil of the one single eye grew as it got closer. Dipper stepped back only to be trapped against the wall with no escape. "Don't I just make the best entrances!" He chimed, intertwining his fingers. Dipper was silent, trying to catch his breathe. "I thought you were dead!" He finally blurted out. "You thought wrong, Pine tree" Bill replied back, smiling. Well, if he had a mouth that is. "Thanks to your uncle recovering his memory I, fortunately came back into my body" Bill explained. "Unfortunately" Dipper corrected the triangle demon.

Bill sighed and got to the point as to why he was bothering a pines again. "I wanna help" he said, looking at the papers Dipper had piled up. Dipper eyed him suspiciously looking at his shape up and down. "I'm serious, Pine tree. I've been watching you have a hard time and since I know all, I can give you a bit of info" Bill suggested, pity in his eyes. Bill replayed a scene in his eye to where they showed one of Dipper's memories.

Mabel pointed her finger at Dipper's eyes and stated "I'm obsessed? look at you! You look like a vampire, and not the hot kind"

Dipper looked away in thought and looked back a Bill who had already prepared himself to shake hands with the fellow. Dipper slowly began to extend his hand out but only to retrieve it. "Like I could trust someone like you!" Dipper yelled in anger. Bill sighed his eye turning a light blue. He narrowed his eye in a threatening manner but lifted his arms up in defeat. "You're right, I'm no trustworthy demon. Mentioning this small detail, I was hoping something in retur-" "no!" Dipper rejected his offer, without hearing his suggestion. Bill's glowing aura lowered, darkening the use to be illuminated room. Dipper frowned and walked closer to the demonic Dorito and sighed. He unfolded his arms and looked at his single eye. "Speak up before I change my mind" he spoke and Bill's eye widened with excitement. He flew over to the grown man and wrapped his arms around him. Dipper pushed him away slightly and looked away.

"As I was saying before you interrupted me, I was hoping for some mindless company!" Bill stretched his arms out, announcing the shocking news. The thing that almost killed an entire species wants a friend and he picks Dipper? The teen stood there tapping his chin, searching for an explanation to Bill's weird actions. After awhile of thinking it through, he never found a way Bill could have twisted the truth. Dipper took his hand out, reaching out to the yellow demon. "That was easier than I thought, hello new friend!" Bill said glowing bright but somehow darker. Bill shook his hand and positioned dipper to one of his bookshelves. Dipper rose a brow up in confusion "what are you doing?" Dipper asked. "Taking a picture, of course" Bill rolled his eye playfully and took out a camera from out of nowhere. Dipper stood, smiling awkwardly at the camera with bill beside him. Bill's arm left dippers shoulder and he began to laugh as he stared at the picture. "Just look out how stupid you are!" Bill yelled, pointing at the teen in the picture. Dipper's small smile faded when he said such hurtful words. The world stopped spinning and the fear in his eyes grew more and more each and every second.

Dipper felt himself lowering and going deeper into the black hole beneath his feet. A symbol of recognition of the photo was horrifying. The fact that he was drowning with no one to rescue him was scary, but what was even scarier is never being able to see his loved ones. Bill watched him sink below him as he was floating. "The difference between me and you, Dipper Pines is that I can fly and you cannot" Bill said, dropping the photo he had taken.

The image showed Bill beside the human with one wide eye staring at the camera lens. The human on the other hand was scared and reached out for help with a black puddle right beneath him. That wasn't what had happened but what was going to happen. The thing is, the human, Dipper saw something completely different and probably more terrifying.

Terror and hate is yet to be seen.

Love and affection is far from his reach.