Chapter Three

[ Dipper's P.O.V ]

I clenched my fist tightly, trying my best to ignore the pain lingering in my injuries. My mouth was empty, dry as if sand was being shoved down my throat. My arms ached, painted in the colors of purple, black, and blue. A great combination of colored bruises that everyone has at least seen once.

Exactly two days ago had passed from the last time I landed sight on the Mystery Shack. My third day here wasn't the brightest nor what I had expected. I struggled to strangle my wrists free from the tight blue chains. I heard a loud thunk come from at least a few feet away. A gurgled laugh erupted and bounced off the walls into my ears. My eyes widened and I struggled even more from the chains. My strength was nothing compared to this power. I stared at the ground, tears beginning to form. My stomach turned at the glowing, yellow light illuminating my bruised skin. My heart was constantly thumping in my chest, hurting more than what a dagger could do to your eye. This was fear.

"Hey Pine Treeee~ three hours have passed and your mortal body should be wanting something such as a... liquid?" Bill said lifting up his brow. I looked up at him with an angered look. The way he mocked every inch of my being was unfortunate and rude. My blood was currently being cooked for dinner. I tightened the grip in my fists as he lowered up to my level. "Don't be so uptight, kid" he said, his eye so close to my very own. I narrowed my eyes; glaring. He poured the cup of water down onto the floor and let out a word to which angered me more. "Oops!" He raised his hands up in the air, innocently. "Let's see if you can handle another hour" he announced. After a few minutes passed of him watching
me cautiously, my body began to shiver. I couldn't help but feel some sort of displeasing taste in my mouth. Saliva wasn't enough to satisfy my water loss. I reached out to the demon, begging for some sort of drink. He floated up to my helpless body, cupping my cheeks into his hands. He magically made a glass of the clear liquid appear. He slowly made me jug it into my mouth, the refreshing cold feeling making me flinch in a pleasing manner.

My body became completely useless afterwards. The last sight I saw was of Bill floating up above me, with a glowing blue eye. "The food trial comes up next, Pine tr-" my last memory was cut off with my eyelids closing and my hearing stopping.

✎ . . ✐ . . ✘

I awoke back in my underground cell or so I assumed. I looked at my surroundings to see no one around. I sighed and leaned back against the wall. Closing my eyes in thought, the wonders of Mabel's smiles, Soos's comfort, Stans jokes and lecturing, and Fords fantastic company popped into my mind. Out of nowhere, tears began to find its way out of my eyes. I pulled my hands towards my cheeks and wiped them away, but they never did stop. My sobs echoed throughout the corridor as I wrapped my arms around my knees. I feared the thought of never being able to see them. I was saddened by the thought of dying alone. And I anxiously waited for the next round of tormented thoughts and injuries.

Every day, without any hesitation and regret, Bill would constantly order and punish me around for his enjoyment. I was being abused by someone way smaller than me but yet he was older and stronger. The thoughts went on for weeks without food, but I at least received a gallon of water or any other refreshment a day. I didn't enjoy any of the agony inflected onto me. About two weeks had passed and my hunger grew with each passing day.

Bill had finally entered the dark room right after this incident. "I see, your body definitely isn't ready to go on for more than two weeks" he stated. "I expected at least three weeks Pine Tree" "I'm not fully an adult, Bill!" I blurted out with many gags interrupting. Bill slid through the cell, laying a plate of what I thought was heaven. Isn't Chinese food the best?

After consuming the entire meal with what I thought was a gulp I entered water into my mouth to refuel up my lungs and throat. To be more precise my entire body. Night eventually came and I had received my daily beating with new weapons or tactics every time. Why? I have no clue. If only I had a way of escaping this miserable place, to what I refer to as hell. Compare the two and you would have many similarities.

The beating I had to suppress with gritted teeth and low grunts was unexplainable. The touch of the stove was what came to mind, only ten times stronger is what I felt. His hands were gripped tightly to my waist as the blue flames grew larger in time. The pain was too much for my weakened body to handle. Blood began to spill and Bill removed his hands from my waist. He poked the crimson red juices spurting out of me. I flinched at his warm touch and with that, he collected the uninteresting slime. He grabbed my wrist gently (surprisingly) and lifted me up from the ground. With a snap of his fingers, my cuts had been closed up. He transported my tired body to the unwanted owned cell. I turned myself to face the brick wall. My head was laying on the soft fabric as I slowly began to doze off. The pain had ruined me.

Once fully aware of my surroundings after waking up, I noticed a tray of the Chinese food from yesterday. Most likely leftovers. I crawled near it and gobbled it up. The treat of god's blessing was still in hold of my reach. I took the fortune cookie in my hands and cracked it open, the note falling on the tray. I grabbed the small paper while taking a bite of the delicious treat.

'Thinking comes to fortunate ideas.
Ideas come to surpass the impossible'

Was what I had read, if only I could understand the true meaning behind it. I crumbled the small piece of paper and set it down on the tray.

I need all the rest I can get, tomorrow is going to be a long day..