Chapter Five

[ Mabel's P.O.V ]

The day of Dipper's absence drove me mentally unstable. With each passing day I felt his disappearance destroying my heart and his arrival far from happening. After a week or two had passed, many things had changed in my life. I had lost interest with anything I use to think was full of excitement and joy. I had this anxious feeling of paranoia lingering every single time I was around a big group of people. My room had become even messier without my brother here, I had become a disorganized human. And to make matters worse, I had two small buddies I made come speak to me by communicating telepathically.

My grunkle was genuinely worried about my health and the state I was being pulled in at such a young age. After all, I was only 18 years old, two more years until adulthood. He practically dragged me to see a therapist of some sort as she explained to her everything. The woman stared at me, eyes full of pity and looked back at Stan. She nodded, walking away as we followed her trail. She had diagnosed me with schizophrenia, of course not being able to fully comprehend the word, I tilted my head. And that's when it happened.

The smarter friend of mine, came barging in explaining everything as I spoke back to her. "I see now, thanks Mrs. Beam!" I looked back at the woman who seemed to be staring at me in shock. I shook my head "don't worry, you don't have to explain anything anymore" I said, giving her a convincing smile. I stood up from the chair and ran out of the room, as I ran into the woods near the Mystery Shack. The other voice had convinced me to search for my long lost twin until he was found or returned in good condition. This was a sweet girl going by the name of Hope. If only she gave me hope. Mrs. Beam interrupted my search causing my mood to transform into an angry one. Not only had she said that he wouldn't appear today, but my thoughts didn't matter anymore.

I ran back to the house I was currently staying in and found myself having a small conversation with Stan. "Mabel, why did you storm off like that?" He asked to which I responded with a shrug. "Why does he talk to us like he knows the situation we're in?" A voice said with an annoyed tone. I looked around trying to find the human who had spoken up. "Who are you?" I asked and Stan rose a brow up in confusion. "Mabel, sweetie, who are you tak-" "shhhh.. Wait grunkle Stan" I ordered. "No one in particular, who are you?" She asked and I told her my full name with not much expression towards it. "Mabel, huh? Sounds like a cool name, I'm Lebam!" She introduced herself with what seemed to be real enjoyment. "Lebam... We can talk later okay?" I said, with a pinkie held up in the air. She agreed to the promise and she stayed quiet afterwards.

I turned to Stan to see his worried expression. "So what was it you wanted to say?" I asked and he answered with something I never wanted to hear. I stood up and ran up the stairs leading to my room. "I don't want to go to therapy!" I yelled. "I understand, but it won't be that bad" he motioned for me to come back down. I sighed and sat back down to my original seating. "I want you to behave and imagine it like a camp of some sort. Summer camp even!" After the talk of how I should act around the doctors and such I walked out back into my room. I locked myself in and sat on the bed, hiding my face in my knees. I was scared. The fear and disasters in the room weren't happening because of me, the hallow creatures followed me here.

"You're sick, child.."

"You're letting yourself get used by others, are you a toy?.."

"I can't imagine what being like you is like, probably like a tremendous nightmare?.."

"Can you really believe you're worth something?"

"The world fears you as you fear us"

My trembling body was useless in this type of situation as they kept whispering into my ear. "Help me.."
I managed to say but it wasn't enough. And when they finally stopped I had the chance to look up, but I couldn't help feel my body freeze in it's position. My eyes widened in fear and began to tremble once again. Tears began to stream down my face at the sight of my brother. He was a bright blue with no emotion whatsoever. He had these colorless eyes that never did suit him. The feature that made everything worse was the fact that his arms and legs were twisted into something you would do to a piece of paper. They had crumbled and he smirked widely when staring at me.

"You left me to die"

[ Stan's P.O.V ]

I immediately ran up to my niece's room to hear her screaming with terror. I was frightened at the thought of what was happening. I tried opening the door, but it happened to be locked. I gritted my teeth before speaking. "Open the door, please!" I yelled in my best soothing voice. "Y-yes... I-m com-ing" she said through sobs. As soon as I heard the click to the door being unlocked, I swung it open and wrapped my arms around her for some sort of comfort. She cried into my white shirt, making it all soggy and wet. "D-dipper.." She managed to say to me and I slowly nodded. "Don't worry, he'll be fine and eventually we will find him" I said, but the truth was I never knew if that was going to happen. I had searched many nights with the police and he had never been found. I needed my family back in one peace. It wasn't complete without dipstick here. Until this day, I'm still blaming myself for his disappearance. And then it hit me, what if he ran away on his own?

Was it seriously my fault?