Chapter One

"If you're brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello"  –Paulo Coehlo

Making the last pair of notes I wait for the teacher to give us permission to leave the classroom.

"Alright, get out of here you rebels" Mr Hoffman says with a small defeated smile on his face.

I feel myself smiling back as I start to close my book. Lifting my bag up from the floor I put the book in there and get up from my chair while rolling the black pen in between my fingers.

"See you tomorrow Tyra" Sharleen says from behind me.

"You too" Leaving the classroom I look at the hallways to see it's starting to get busy.

I need to get to the library before it gets busy as exams are about to start. Walking down I see a couple of people from my year say hi to me which I reply back too.

I'm not social with anyone. People talk to me and I talk to them but making friends with them is not something that I really want because I see what happens when you make friends. It just leads to everyone fighting and that's the last thing that I want.

Making my way into the empty library I sit down in the corner and get out my maths textbooks so I can start revising for my exams. Laying it out in front of the desk I just start scheming through it and writing down stuff which I don't understand.

"Is this seat available?" I hear somebody ask me.

I look up to see it's a guy- a very good looking guy

I look up to see it's a guy- a very good looking guy. His blonde hair is messed up on top of his head in a stylish way and his green eyes are twinkling from the smile on his face- it's none other than the school's jock Harris.

"Yeah" I reply back to him focusing on the book in front of me.

I hear the sound of a heavy bang on the table to realise he has also put his books on there.

"Your name's Tyra isn't it?" He asks me.

"Yes" I reply back without looking up.

"You don't talk much do you" Lifting my eyes up the smile is wiped from his face as he clears his throat. "What I meant to say was...I don't see you around much in the hallways I've just seen you once or twice" He says while nodding his head.

He thinks I got offended from his first comment and I want to laugh at that but I don't.

"I like to keep to myself. If you will excuse me I'm trying to study" I say as politely as I can.

He's about to open his mouth to say something but just closes it and looks back down at his own book

Writing down an equation my pen stops mid-air to hear him tapping his pen continuously on the table making a loud sound. My green eyes look up from underneath my lashes to see he has put his headphones in and is anonymous to what he's doing.

I might as well move from here because it doesn't look like he will any time soon. Closing my book he notices my actions and looks up at me taking one of his ear plugs out.

"Is there a problem?"

"No carry on" I say lying to him.

"Then where are you going?"

"I don't see how that is your problem Harris" I say moving away from my chair to go to another table.

"You know my name?" He asks in surprise.

"Who doesn't-goodbye Harris"

"See you later Tyra"