Chapter Six

"Telling stories and laughing with friends: precious moments you'll never forget" –Brother Bear

I can't believe I'm doing this. Taking the pink lipstick tube I slide it on the top and bottom lip and put it into my bag.

I never told dad that I'm going on a date because he wasn't home in the first place, he did say he was going to come back late.

Looking at my phone I see that it is exactly 6:05 and Harris isn't even here yet- great. I have no idea how he knew where I lived but that's something I'm going to ask him.

Hearing the door ring I walk down the stairs and open the door for him. He's standing on the doorstep.

Might I say he cleans up nicely, his hair was slicked back leaving a few messy pieces out but the look suited him very well.

"You ready to go?" I nod my head and shut the door locking it behind me.

"Where are we exactly going?" I ask him as he walks ahead of me to get to his car.

"It's just a small restaurant" He says.

I'm about to open his car door when he opens it for me.

"Thank you" Getting in I'm met with the smell of his cologne everywhere in the car. Looking down at where the compartments are I see a perfume bottle there.

No wonder it smells so nice in here. Harris gets in from the other end and starts the car. Putting my seatbelt on we go onto the road.

"I promise that you'll have a good time" He says to me with full confidence in his voice.

"I hope so too" I say with a small smile on my face.

I know that this was more of a convinced date but I can't just put on a sour face and be mean to him. If somebody puts effort in for you, you shouldn't let their effort go to waste.

"Listen, I know that you never wanted to go out with me and stu-"

"It's ok Harris" I say interrupting him from carrying on.

"I mean it Tyra. It's just....you're different and I just wanted to get to know you a little better. You're always so closed up and away from everybody and I just wanted to talk to you"

Looking at Harris from the side I see that he has a serious look on his face. I guess I was quick in judging Harris than getting to know him properly as well.

"Then I guess this is a perfect opportunity for the both of us" His eyes focus on mine before he looks back on the road.

Sitting straight as well I try not to smile.

************

(At the restaurant)