Chapter Five

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't I give myself reasons why I can" –Anonymous

"We'll get your car fixed as soon as possible" Dad says stopping outside of the school.

Looking at the people walk past the car they're all laughing and smiling to each other as they walk in through the gates.

"Do you think mum will ever come back?" I ask not looking at his face.

I hear dad let out a small sigh, turning around to face him I see that he's looking straight at me.

"I...I don't know Tyra but I love you no matter what happens and we will work through it together" Giving him a small smile I lean forward and give him a hug to which he responds back.

"I'll see you later on" I say opening the car door.

Waving him goodbye I walk with the rest of the people so I can get to my lesson. Once I'm in the school I open my bag and get my planner out.

Right, I've already revised maths from last week so I need to concentrate on History and do some pass papers.

Suddenly, I bang into something hard and find my book fall to the floor with the little pieces of paper in their scattered around.

"I'm so sorry" Hearing the voice I look up to see that it's none other than Harris.

Ignoring him I lean down and start to pick up the little pieces of paper from the floor. From the corner of my eye I can see that Harris is helping me as well.

"You don't need to help me" I tell him standing up.

He gives me a small smile and hands me my book over. Taking it from his hands I wait for him to walk away but he doesn't.

Raising my eyebrows up at him I wait for him to reply back but he doesn't

"I'm still waiting for your answer"

"You won't let this go, will you?" I ask him with a raised eyebrow.

"I won't"

"My answer is because I don't want to so please leave me alone"

I was about to turn around when I feel him grab hold of my arm.

"Come on, just for one night. I promise that I will be on my best behaviour"

"Harris" I say warning him.

"Do you prefer me to ask you out in front of everybody? Because I will"

Feeling frustrated I'm about to say no when he gets on his knees. My eyes widen in embarrassment from what he's doing.

"TYRA, WI-"

"Ok, ok" I say cutting him off as quickly as possible.

He gives me a wide smile and pumps his hands up in the air.

"I'll give you the details by the end of the day" He walks around me as I realise that he finally got to me