Chapter Fourteen

"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew" –William Shakespeare

"Drink some water" Harris says softly putting his warm hand on my leg.

I try to do as he says but I'm frozen, I don't know what to do and think. Ever since Harris told me that he was 'immortal' in the woods I couldn't help but to not think and just drain out my thoughts.

"Explain" I manage to blurt out to him.

Facing him his green emerald eyes focus on my own before his gaze drops to his lap.

"There are only a few of us in the world, my mum was human and my dad was immortal, when my mum had me she ended up dying through labour leaving my dad to take care of me. Mum didn't even know that dad was immortal and she died not knowing the truth. I ended up being immortal as well because when my mum gave birth to me I was still premature. In the hospital I stopped breathing but everything else in my body was working and I was still alive and that's when my dad knew that I was just like him. I grew up like this and stopped ageing at the age of twenty. I've been around for one hundred years now. I go to school, I make friends and once they all die I have to move away and start my life again till it happens over and over again. When I disappeared from here I used to go out to see my dad and I didn't want to tell you because I knew you would start asking questions and I didn't want to lie to you so I just kept quiet and I'm sorry for making you cry Tyra"

He really is immortal, how...how can this even be possible? Harris seems like a normal guy but really he's been around for so long and he's seen more of the world than me- he knows what he's doing.

"Tyra, please speak" He pleads.

"What's going to happen between us then?" I ask him.

"Tyra-"

"What's going to happen when I turn old, are you still going to stay with me?" I ask him feeling a tear roll down my cheek.

Leaning forward he grabs my face in between his hands and I see water in his own eyes.

"I will stay by your side for the rest of your life because I love you. I don't care if your old and grey, I want to be with you for the rest of your life and I will find a way to make it last even longer" He blinks and a tear falls down his cheek.

Reaching forward I brush my thumb across the tear while he kisses the inside of my palm.

"Have you...ever fallen in love with someone else?"

"No, you're the first. I knew who you were from the beginning but I didn't make a move because you were too young, I wanted to wait for the right time"

"Oh Harris" Wrapping my arms around his neck I let the rest of my tears fall out of my eyes.

"Why aren't you running away?" He asks into my ear.

"Because I love you as well and I plan on loving you till the day I die"