Chapter 3

Rain's Point of View
"Hello princess."

"Ho-how did you g-get in here?" I stuttered. Out of all times now I have a stuttering problem!

"The more important question is who's gonna stop me now. The police aren't here. And your neighbors aren't here to stop me." He replied.

"Jake, stay away." I said more confidently. "Hmm. How about no?" Jake said as he walked over to me. I backed away and timed how fast I would have to be to run upstairs and lock my door.

My phone is upstairs in my room. The stairs are exactly 5 steps away, there are 12 steps total. Taking to at a time will maximize it to 6. 6+5=11. I'll be running, which will shorten the time, so I say about 1 minute.

"Princess?" Jake asked while rubbing my arm. I must have zoned out. I moved my arm away from him and began to get ready to run.

1...

2...

3...

I took off to the steps, climbing 2 at a time. Jake was close behind me. Just a couple more steps until the top. Jake reached for my shirt but I dodged just in time. I reached my door and slammed it shut, making sure to lock it. My bag was all ready to go. I'll just camp out in here. I had a hidden stash of food anyways.

"Open the damn door!" Jake shouted as he pounded on the door. "No." I said smirking to myself. He finally couldn't get me. "You'll have to come out eventually." He said still pounding on the door. In your wildest rodeos cowboy.

I unplugged my phone and layed on my bed. My phone vibrated signaling I had a message. I exited Twitter and tapped on the message.

Unknown Number: Hi! You probably don't know me but I went to your school. Meet me in 15 minutes at Southwest park.

Me: How do I know I can trust you? I don't even know you after all.

Unknown Number: Just meet me at the park. And I'm Ciara by the way.

Me: Cool, I'm Rain which you probably already know that.

Unknown Number: See you then xx

Where the hell do all these people get my number? Well looks like I need to get my bags out the window.

I opened my window and threw my suitcase down. I grabbed my purse and dropped it as well. I checked around my room for anything I was missing, after spotting my laptop and grabbing it, I climbed out the window. Call me crazy but this is actually really fun!

After I climbed out, I shut my window and grabbed my bags. Looking around to see if anyone was watching, more specifically if Jake was watching, I started my way down to the park. If anyone asked what I was doing I had the perfect story. I'm an amazing liar. I know it's bad but hey we all gotta use our gifts somehow.

I checked my phone for any new messages from any unknown numbers. Because, you know, apparently my phone is the new hotline for unknown numbers. After seeing none, I put my phone back into my pocket.

Oh what the hell am I doing? I dont even know a Ciara... but apparently she knows me. What if she's got some other people with her? What if she's gonna murder me? 'What if's' were swirling around in my head til I was brought back to reality.

I have absolutely nothing to lose.

I arrived at the park and texted Ciara.

Me: Hey I'm here wru?

Ciara: The weeping willow tree to your right.

Well that isn't creepy... I walked over to the tree and saw a girl and guy. "You must be Rain! I'm Ciara and this is my boyfriend, Luke Hemmings." The girl said.