Day 7: First Week Epilogue

Judy

For old times sake. Judy drove to Misplaced Tree Cafe this morning. Got herself the perfect cup of joe. The Crispy blue berry cotton candy flavor with additional flavoring such as raspberry.
And she sat herself down, on a barstool. Counted passing cars, happy faces and each little thing Nick counted with his mother.
Being alone felt different.
This time Nick wasn't here.
Just Judy and her mind.
Her mind filled with Nick entirely. At this point she can't think of her job. Her duties and priorities.
Judy misses lots of things with Nick.
She misses car rides with him, Nick calling her names, his facial expressions and everything he's said and done.
If only Nick could resurrect from the coma and hold her close. Protect her and be her care taker.
Be her everything.
Right when Judy fell in a deep day dream. Her phone went off.
She checked and saw her parents calling. Wanting to face time. Without hesitation, Judy answered.
And for thirty minutes they talked. About the fire and Nick on the state of recovery.
Boy did she need to hear the voice of her parents, and see their faces again.

Gazelle

"Welcome!" Shouted the host of a talk show. A tiger in a yellow suit, broad shouldered, managing a confident smile.
He invited Gazelle to a talk show with her fans. A Q&A session.
So Gazelle accepted it and got herself ready for 3:00. Where the talk show begins, and where its taking place now.
"Gazelle these fans here will ask you questions and you will answer. It's simple as that!" Gladly he offered a second mic to Gazelle.
"Okay well I'm ready. Ask away folks."
Soon as she said that, every hand flew in the air. So Gazelle selected one girl at random. A wolf girl dressed in a pink jacket. Cute and bright. "Gazelle. What is your favorite color?"
"That would be yellow. My favorite color combination is black and yellow."
The wolf girl grinned to know Gazelle answered her question.
So away Gazelle went, picking eager fans randomly.
"Are you actually not afraid of spiders?"
"Yes, I'm not scared of spiders. I actually consider them to be unique and.. Wonderful."
Her fans went ballistic, amazed to know she's not afraid of spiders.
"Gazelle, do you sing out loud when no one else is around?"
"Of course. I'm a singer after all." She chuckled. "Uh you." She pointed at a male sheep in a coat.
"What is the biggest priority in your life right now?"
For a minute Gazelle had to think about it.
"To change the world to a better place and help people like my lovely fans. — next."
"How often do you use your phone?"
"About all the time." Who doesn't use their phones daily?
"What is your biggest fear?"
"People loosing hope in who they are. That's my biggest fear. Because the future depends on them."
"What do you miss most about being a kid?"
"Being able to sleep and not have any worries."
So many hands were still in the air.
Going through all of the fans will take quite some time.
But Gazelle is enjoying this.
These questions are actually making her think. Making her more keen to herself.
"What's your family like?" A bull in a white shirt asked.
"Well. My father and mother are chill people. Yet they stick with traditions and such."
"What traditions?!" The bull asked.
"Eh it's seasonal stuff really. Like every spring I have to eat certain things and every other season I have to eat specific things. It's what gazelles do."
Seems like she interested the crowd.
More fans wanted to know more about her family and her life.
And one fan Gazelle picked however, asked a serious question.
"Have you ever been in love?"
That question. Had to be rocket science for her.
Suddenly time paused for Gazelle. Has she ever been in love? Did she ever desire the need for it or wished herself upon it?
The answer is.. Factorable.
A few days ago she began thinking about the word love.
How it's precious and a nature beyond compatible existence. It's some force.. She can't decipher. It's a category of physics beyond the quantum universe.
Yet weirdly. As a fan asked that heart felt question.
Gazelle started thinking about Dr. Ü.
His attributes, his first impression laid upon her and his crisp bright yellow eyes.
Does Gazelle have a thing for him?
How does she?
He's a wolf. Out of Gazelle's league.
And how will she answer her tensing fans?
What can she reveal?
"Uh.. I don't know."
Right when she said this, the fan base up roared, loosing their cool.
Gazelle jumped back in her seat, and the host grabbed her by the hand.
"Okay that's all folks, see you later when we come back!"
Why is everyone flipped over a question she couldn't answer properly?
Not even an hour in the questioning, she had to leave.
Such a crazy and weird day.
For her that is.

Wire

Since Gazelle left for the questioning thing with fans. Wire decided that it's time for him to leave Gazelle and go back to Necklace. See if she's okay.
After all the mantis's new food supply has been burned.
What if she's starving or something?
That would be horrible.
Speedily he went out.
Took the vent systems and traveled across Zootopia and made ways to his deep crush; Necklace.

Judy

After noon is here now.
Sun is down from prime time, clouds are quiet and the wind is feathery and the roads are ductile.
Rather of going to the police office, going to visit the parents at Hallow Ice hotel, home in the apartments.
Judy decided to take a spin to Nick's bridge. Where she sees him.
And when she came to the bridge. She saw Finnick's truck.. Sitting under the bridge.
Curiously Judy knocked on the beaten van. And fast as lightening. Finnick opened the van doors. Oddly he didn't equip his baseball bat or greet her as a victim like last time. He didn't even see Judy's face.
Just opened the doors looking down. Depressed.
"Hey Finnick. What are you doing here?"
Finally Finnick took notice, brushed his eyes up. Inviting her to sit.
"I miss Nicky. So I'm here at his home until he be waking up." Displeased, he said this. "Nicky told me if he ever sees me park here, he'll slap me. Even in his sleep he will. So I'm waitin for his slap."
Judy chuckled a bit, finding that cute.
"He'll be up soon and say.. Where does Nick live? He never told me." Judy asked slowly, staring out the trunk doors.
"Judy. This is his home. He lives under this bridge."
"Are... Are you serious?!"
"I am. He sleeps here and wakes up to get working."
"But. How does he have a smart phone?"
"It's not his actually. He told me his dad gave it to'em. As some gift. Nicky never talks bout his fam much. I wish he did." Finnick sighed, looking at Judy's carrot pen. Remembering when he took the pen from Nick.
"You know Judy.. Nick is the reason why those bunnies were saved. He hacked into the train route system and.. And he told me to stay wit them bunnies. As he was gonna go back in that fire, save more lives.. Nick's brave Judy. He doesn't deserve to die. If anything, I shoulda got in that hospital. No one cares for me.. Well. Nicky cares. But.. That's it." Finnick depressed himself, unable to smile or look decent.
Destruction is all over his face, sadness overwhelms his heart.
"Hey.. Don't be like that. I care for you."
"Really?" Finnick said, raising his ears. "But you don't know me."
"Yes I do. You're Nick's friend. And since of that you're my friend."
Finnick smiled brightly, his legit smile.
A smile Judy can count.
"Thanks Judy. You ain't so bad. You a good cop. — oh. Looks like it's about to rain." Finnick said, feeling better.
Judy can tell Finnick isn't so sad anymore. Rather relieved and relaxed.
"I'm going to head to my apartment now Finnick. Don't stress yourself out okay? Zootopia needs you. Because you want to do good. And what's bad about that?"
Judy left that thought for Finnick and drove off.
Finnick smiled the whole way, watching her leave.
"Yep.." He said to himself. Beaming a proud smile. "She's the one for Nicky.. She's the one."