Day 9: Together

Nick & Judy

The morning swept by like Christmas morning. Judy flipped out of bed with unexplainable energy and rushed to Paw Hospital.
She checked in with Dr. Ü in his office. For he had an announcement to make. Before Nick's release.
"So Judy." Said the happy wolf, in his bright black and yellow tuxedo.
Pretty strange for him to be wearing a tux.
But eh.
It's him. He keeps it classy. "I checked with Nick. His heart rate, pulse, brain's chemistry levels and his blood circulation flow.. And from the conclusions of this.. I must say." Jack blew a breath, then gazed in her anticipated eyes, hopping around like the bunny she is.
"Nick is healthy. With one problem. Now don't worry about this problem, Nick is a little handicap. Meaning; he's on crutches. He'll be like this for three days, possibly a weak." Ü sighed under relief. "So. What are you waiting for Judy? Go to him." He smiled.
"Oh my gosh thank you so much!!!" Judy shouted louder than she should've. She didn't care.
So what if the whole world hears her scream for Nick? Or chant his name like its the only thing she can say?
Honor of Jack's help. Judy gave him a quick hug and left the room.
Oddly. She ran passed Gazelle.
And Gazelle was walking right in Jack's office, nervously she went in.
Judy only shrugged, turned a few corners, passing rooms and other halls.
To Nick's room she ran.
Before you know it.
He presented himself there.
Not in the cranky hospital bed or in that small room.
Outside of it.
Free, open again to the world.
Seeing Nick again nerved her, star stuck her purple eyes.
Nick stood in his casual stance, but different this time.. For he held crutches for support, allowing him to stand and wave.
"Hi... Heh.. Wow — goose bumps." Judy said, rocking herself nervously. Like a washing machine.
"It's me and you again Judy. I'm back.. Well sorta. Just a little handicap and slow. Not slow as flash though." Nick joked. Seeing Judy's smile blossom. "I'm not able to walk right. It'll take three days or so and I'll be all better."
Judging from the looks of it, that seems about right. His legs are shaking a little. Off balance.
"I'll help you with that Nick and — you know what this reminds me of?"
"What?"
"The time you held me when I cut my leg. Remember that?"
Steadily. The fox shook his head. "I do. I didn't want to leave you there. That would hurt my feelwhings."
The way feelwhings expressed from his voice, made her think about the old Nick.
When she threatened to arrest him. When he said "for what? Hurting you feelwhings?"
How can Judy forget that moment?
How can she forget anything Nick has said and done?
She can't. It's impossible.
"This time I'm holding you." The rabbit coaxed. "No no no.." He refused, dropping his crutches, leaning on her. "We're going to hold each other Judy." And drove himself close to her face. "Do you know why Purple eyes?"
Sweat trickled from her hands. Her tail couldn't get anymore crazy.
"W–why?"
"Cause, we're together now."
Then he kissed her. Carefully he did.
Treating her lips like a fragile package, ready for shipping. (get it? I said shipping.. Cause I ship Nick and Judy. HA!! I'm so stupid x) )
"So what? I'm your girlfriend now?"
"I don't know." Nick shrugged. "Am I your boyfriend?"
Judy sat still, with a brain fart; unable to do anything or say anything. Only stand lively as a statue.
"Oh Carrot of course your my girlfriend. And of course I'm your boyfriend. I mean. We are partners right?" Oh sneaky Nick. Such a sly fox.. Who sure is sneaky..
Judy blushed.
In fever.
Nick fever that is.
"Nick quit making me blush." She joked.
"What are you going to arrest me? Oh wait you can't. I'm your partner." He nudged her, smiling so hard at her.
"Shut up already! If you keep resisting me I will hit you."
Nick didn't listen. "You should hit me in the lips." He recommended. "Don't you agree Bunny?"
Judy giggled, kissed him shyly. "There. Now let me take you home."
"Alright." Nick shrugged, all day dreamed from Judy.

Finally.. Judy walked with Nick.
Well, holding Nick. Since he dropped his crutches to use her.
"Wow I missed this car." Nick said, popping in the passenger seat.
"It's been three days since you were out Nick. Worst time of my life."
He couldn't agree more with her.
"It sucked Judy. I had a nightmare over you and it was horrible. A three day nightmare to say the least. – I know I just got up out the hospital, but.. I'm tired. So as you take me home. I'm going to sleep. Don't drive us into a van okay?" He beamed at her, then closed his eyes.
Judy smirked..
Luckily Nick didn't catch it.
And Judy's lucky that Nick isn't catching on.
For Judy knows where Nick lives and she's not taking him under that bridge.. Never she will.
She finds it funny. How Nick never told her where he lived a he's not aware she knows, yet insists to take him home.
Tired Nick can't think.

"Okay we're here Nick.. Nick? – Nicky?" No answer, just his snoring.
Gee, he's out of it today.
How could she get his attention?
There's only one way to find out.
"NICK LOOK FREE BLUEBERRIES!"
Nick shot up, hitting his head in the process. "Where?! – ow my head."
Judy laughed at him, kicking her feet in the air like some dumb bunny.
"Ha ha. Ha ha. Funny Carrot." He joked. "Wait. This isn't my home. This is uh... You're apartment complex?"
"Mhm. Sure is Nick. You're living with me now."
"Heh... You're kidding."
"Dead serious Nick. Your living with me. You're not going to live under that nasty bridge anymore."
"Wait. How'd you know? How'd you know that was my home?" Easily he freaked out.
"Finnick told me. And since we're.. Partners now shouldn't this be the best thing ever?"
He should've known Finnick would tell her.
"Carrot. I don't want to bother you. I can't live with you – I mean I'd love to. It's a dream come true. But. What if I bother you?" Sincerely he said this.
"Nick.. My handsome green eyed fox." Lovingly she announced herself, placing her hand on his. "You'd never bother me. Even if all you wanted to talk about is blue berries. I don't know what we can do but.. I know one thing. We can take care of each other and spend our nights talking. Talking about anything.. I mean just imagine it Nick." Her voice day dreamed it. Soaked in the unimaginable happiness she'll have. 
Nick did imagine it alright. Sounded great, but his nerves are extremely high from hearing this. "O-okay. I'll live with you.. Gah it's gonna be nerve wrecking.. And wonderful." He couldn't be anymore honest.
"At least you have a roof over your head again." She smiled to Nick, seeing his eyes shine for her.
"True. And thank you Judy. It means a lot that you're doing this for me."
"Of course I'd do this for you Nick. I mean. Heh.. I love you."
"What I didn't hear you? Those birds outside are so noisy." Nick grinned happily at her. "You should come closer."
No doubt that she did, approached personally close, took a hold of his ear and whispered. "I love you." Judy giggled. "Trouble fox."
"Aww Judy. I love you too."
For the truth. All Judy needs is Nick.
Her job, duties and all that isn't as value to her as Nick.
She almost lost Nick and she doesn't want that to happen again..

"Sorry for the mess." Judy sighed, cleaning dirty clothes on her floor, putting clean clothes in her wardrobe.
"Eh, it's fine Carrot. Wow this room is pretty small." By looking around, he noticed her bed. Meant for one person. Her alarm clock. Nick hates those things. A closet and a few other common furniture placed around.
"I'll sleep on the floor Carrot."
"Nope." Quickly she denied. "You're sleeping on the bed. With me."
She's sure of it to.
Nick isn't. He's tensed and utterly nervous.
"It'll be just like the hospital Nick, but without the beeping machines. And smell." She implied, yawning.
Eventually he agreed, lazily placing himself on the bed. "Wow this is way better than dirt." He laughed, sorta relieved now.
Judy laid right beside him, messing with his nose, feeling his ears and playing with his unamused face. "So.. Is this what I have to deal with?"
Judy giggled. "Pretty much. I mean you asked for it."
Nick gazed at her, dilating over hers. "I can't believe it Judy. I'm in your apartment room, living with you." Then looked to her. "Laying here beside you."
"Things happen Nick. And this is the best thing. Us, being together and in love."
"Yeah." Nick agreed. "Sure is beautiful. — sure is."
With that said.
Nick fell fast asleep, holding her.
Keeping her in his arms, as if it's the last thing he'll hold in a long, long time.