seumulyeodeol : results

Taehyung's POV

"Congratulations, Taehyung-ssi. You will be discharged from the hospital." I heard the nurse voice congratulating me while removing the bandage from my eyes.

I felt it swirled around my head like three times until it went off completely. I started to open my eyes slowly.

I saw a nurse, my mom, jisoo and bangtan standing in front of me and beside me.

"How is it now Taehyung? Can you see me?" My mom waved in front of my face and I smiled.

"It's okay, it's not hurting me at all." I replied causing them to smile and sigh in relief.

"That's a relief," Jisoo said.

where's younghee?

"I can go back home now right?" I looked at the nurse.

"That's right, you can go back home now." She said and left the room.

I got changed into my own shirt and jean, then walked out of the hospital.

"Seriously, hyung. You can go back now. I'm fine." I told bangtan and they all nodded, leaving me standing with my mom and jisoo.

"Where do you want to go, Taehyung?" My mom asked and I tried to think of somewhere I want to go.

For a few minutes, my mom's phone rang and she picked it up. "Okay, I'll be right there." She said and hang up.

so she's busy again.

"Something urgent came up, I'm sorry I have to go now. You can spend your time with Jisoo." She said and hopped in a taxi, leaving me and Jisoo standing there on the sidewalk.

"Where do you want to go?" Jisoo asked, looking at me. Should I just refuse her or what? I don't have the feelings to do anything.

"I'm sorry, since I just got out from the hospital, I just want to go home and rest." I told her and she nodded.

"Okay, please take care. Call me if something's up." She smiled and I nodded as a response.

After that, I hopped inside the bus that is going to stop near the second branch of Health Care Hospital.

I felt restless, I want to find out about every single thing. I want to find younghee and prove that she's alive.

It took around half an hour to arrive there and I went inside the hospital, walking to the receptionist's counter.

"Hello sir, what can I help you?" A nurse asked me and my mind went blank. I didn't know what to ask.

"I-I want to know," I stuttered and she furrowed her eyebrows together.

"Is there a patient named You Younghee here?" I asked her, and she flipped through the pages.

"There's no one named You Younghee here, sir." She replied, which made my heart sank down.

did she put her name as Sarah?

"W-What about Sarah?" I asked her again and she looked through her documents.

"There are too many Sarah(s) here, I don't know who you are referring to." She responded, looking at me.

"Could you tell me something− I mean, like their diseases? No, I mean is there any Sarah who just gave her eyes to someone? Eye donor." I asked her again and she looked at me suspiciously.

"I just know that there were people who donated their eyes to other people, but I'm still not sure about this."

"Then w-what kind of disease do they have? I mean, why would a healthy person give their eyes to someone that easily?" I inquired, and she looked at me almost in annoyance.

"I'm sorry, but patients' informations are supposed to be private so we can't provide you any more details." She said firmly, attempting to walk away from me.

"One more! Only one more!" I almost yelled and she walked back to me.

"Did any of the Sarah patients die?" I bluntly asked her and she looked at her file again.

"Yes, she was diagnosed with lung cancer." She said and walked away from me.

My mind felt restless and I wasn't able to utter any more words. I quickly walked out of the hospital in a very fast pace, dialing Jimin.

"Jimin, you said that you and the polices were searching for Younghee right?"

"Yes, why?"

"Did they check her room? If so, were there any kind of medicines that they found?" I hopped inside a bus which is going to stop at my apartment.

He said that there were a few medicines, indeed but they have yet to identify those. So, he started telling me the names and I wrote them down in an attempt to search about their infos at home.

As soon as the bus arrived, I hopped down and walked to my apartment quickly. I sat down on my bed, and opened my laptop.

I started to type those names in there, and the results shocked me.

Those are the medicines related to the lung cancer. So ... she's Sarah after all? And she has lung cancer?!? It's a life-threatening disease to her so she gave her eyes ... then that means ...

no, she can't be dead, she isn't dead, she has no permission to leave me yet.

My hands were shaking rapidly and tears started to fall from my eyes endlessly. My mind is in mess. My heart started to beat so fast that I think I'm going to die.

Immediately, I started messing every single thing in my room, destroying the stuffs, throwing everything on the floor and I realized all I could only do was this and cried.

Just why do you have to do this to me, Younghee? You have a disease, and yet your priority still sets for me. I asked you to break up but you still think about me. I broke your heart but you still can't forget about me.

I destroyed a person who gave my life a meaning. I destroyed a person who changed me and I destroyed a person who made me feel loved for the first time in my life.

you asshole, kim taehyung.

I could only grip our photo frame tightly to my chest and cried, cried, cried.

"Younghee, please tell me you're still alive . . ." My voice came out like a shriek as I fell down on the floor, hugging the photo tight.

"I need you . . Younghee . . " I screamed but I felt as though my voice couldn't be heard and I'm just laying on floor here, crying and hugging the photo in the frame.

I cried, cried and cried until a sound interrupted me.

"Taehyung . . ." I swallowed a lump in my throat, waking up from the floor. I wiped my eyes because the tears blocked them from seeing things clearly.

There, Younghee is standing at my door looking at me with her eyes brimmed with unfallen tears.

her eyes, they're still there. and more importantly, she's still alive. Yes, she's still alive. She's alive.