Sleeptalking

I loved sharing a flat with Ant. We've been getting closer and closer, and some people even started to think that we're a couple or something. It was crazy, but we were nothing more than really good friends.

Sometimes when I have a nightmare he'll come to my room and stay the night. Or he just lets me sleep in his bed, next to him.
From time to time he'll wake me up with a tray of breakfast on it.
We're best friends, I couldn't ask for anyone else to spend my time with.

"Hey...Dec?"
"Hm?"
I asked, typing something into my laptop...I wasn't really paying attention to it, I was just typing.

"I don't feel so well.."
I immediately closed the laptop and put it next to me on the sofa.

"Come cuddle then!"
He grinned lightly and placed himself in my arms.

"What's wrong, pal?"
"I've been feeling down lately...and I don't know why..."
Ant had placed his head on my lap by bow and my left hand was stroking through his dark hair.

"I'll cheer you up again! You'll be smiling that brilliant smile of yours again in no time!"
Ant shuffled around a bit, to get more comfortable, and was already smiling again.

"Okay! I'm counting on you, pet!"
He closed his eyes, me still going through his hair. I could sit like this all day.

"You're not going to fall asleep on me, are you?"
I asked, grinning. All I got was an amused hum.

"Okay then! You asked for it!"
I said, as I grabbed into his side. His eyes immediately shot open and he tried to wriggle his way out of my arms. His laughter howled through our flat.
He started a counterattack by grabbing my sides. I immediately grabbed his hands, trying to get him off. He pressed me onto the couch and pinned my hands above my head.

"I won!"
He grinned down at me, his face only a few inches away from mine.
I've never realized how beautiful Ants eyes actually were.
Mostly blue with a few green and brown dots in them.
Because the sun was shining on his face, Ants iris was glistening brightly. His pupils were quite big, which was really unusual for him.
He was grinning and staring into my eyes as well. He slowly let himself down, until he was lying on top of me. I wrapped my arms around his back.
He was lying on his stomach to look at my face.

"Have I ever told you, that you have a nice face?"
I laughed a little.

"You have a nice face as well. I especially like your eyes."
"Thank you!"
He put his head down, so now it was on my chest. I started drawing patterns on his back and soon enough I could hear him snore.

Something I've realized over time is that you can have a conversation with him while he's  asleep. His honesty can be cruel sometimes.

"Hey Ant?"
"Hm?"
"How is you relationship with Lisa going?"
"Don't tell anyone, but we're not actually together. She's just helping me with my crush."
I stopped for a bit should I asked him who it was?

"...Who's your crush?"
"Can't tell you, pet. You'd be mad at us if you were to find out!"

Ant had a crush on me?! How...how did I not notice 'til now? I'm probably the reason he's not feeling so well either. Because I'm always around.
...But I liked being this close to him...could I possibly like him more than just a friend?
I mean I love cuddling him and going through his hair while he's resting besides me. Lying together like this..
There was no doubt...I've fallen in love with my best friend.
And exactly the same thing happened to Ant.

- Half an hour later -

Ant started moving on top of me and his eyes slowly fluttered open.

"Hello there, poppet! Had a nice rest?"
"You're quite comfortable.."
He said, rubbing his eyes.

"You look like a cute puppy right now!"
I said, poking his nose. He just grinned.

"Do you like someone at the moment?"
"Yes, I do...why are you asking..?"
"Just curious...and what about Lisa?"
And suddenly my friend went absolutely pale.

"Well...her of course...!!"
He stuttered, avoiding eye contact. I put my hand on his chin and turned his head to me.

"You're funny, pet."
I said, before putting my lips on his. 
When we parted he blushed like crazy.

"I've been talking with you again?"
I just laughed and put my lips on his again.

"I had a feeling.."
He smiled, kissing my nose and lying his head down again.

"I love you Dec, you know..."
"I love you too, my insect!"

----------------------------------------

~799 words