Powers

An alternative universe in which everyone has one power.
This power is a word.
If you have the power earth you have the full control of this word.
Everything about it belongs to you.
Of  course there are different languages, that means if you have the word earth there can still be a person in Germany for example who has the  word Erde (earth), means he has the same powers as well.  In every  language there is one person for each word.
Even tho people can have the same power doesn't mean they can use it as good as the other.
If  you're a left hander it automatically means that you have a very  important power. (Such as light, earth, water, death or life)

----------------------------------------

It was six in the morning when Dec strolled down the street, to his small café. He opened it about a year ago, and it was his absolute dream.
He was always putting on a show for the few people that were in his place. Juggling around the coffee beans, before putting them in the grinder or other stuff.
It we're always the same people and he was great friends with almost all of them.
His closest friend was a guy he hired at the very beginning. His name was Stephen.
The main reason for Declan to hire him was his word, Pastries. It was perfect for Declan's word, Coffee.

He was always the first person to show up at the café. He was the one preparing everything so they were ready to open once Stephen arrived.
Not less than five minutes after Dec set everything up, Stephen opened the door and put his jacket on the hook next to it.

"On time, as always!"
Dec smiled and started to brew Stephens morning coffee.

"I thought I wasn't gonna make it...my girlfriend took ages in the bathroom today."
The taller one huffed, as he turned the sign which said closed, to open.

"I wish I had problems like that.
I haven't been on a date since the one in April last year...and that was a total flop.."
"Really? He looked pretty cute..!"
"But he was bloody stupid. It was a pain to have a conversation with him. A nice face doesn't hide stupidity..."
Stephen just laughed at the comment and went into the back to make more pastries.

"You know we have more than enough for today, right?"
"You can never have enough pastries!"
He replied with a cheeky grin.

A few hours later the usual people were sitting in their usual places, chatting about their lives.

"My sister Janice is in the hospital right now. She's been hit by a truck last Tuesday. Her situation has been really rocky. It's really dangerous with 62, you see."
Mrs. Maple told us, sipping on her cup of tea.
She was the only person ordering tea, every time she entered.

"I'm so sorry, Miss. Tell her to get well soon. And that The Hovering Beetle Café says hello!"
Stephen smiled gently, as he dried one of the cups out of the dishwasher.

There was just a small amount of people everyday.
There was Mrs. Maple, who just got back with her sister again after almost 30 years.
There were the Corkwood twins. Two beautiful, young girls in their mid-twenties. Never had a boy-/ or girlfriend, because their parents, both pastors, believe they're angels sent to them to be protected and not to be touched by anyone.
Dina Irin Corkwood and Janiel Irin Corkwood. Always together.
There was Mia Bayley, a girl Declan grew up with and the first person he came out to.
Her and her fiancé, Paul, always have their little Skypechats in their café, because she doesn't have wifi and they couldn't talk otherwise, with him being in L.A.
The last person that often came into their café was Jack. A young lad, about 13 years old.
He mostly comes to talk to Mrs. Maple. He was very interested in all of her stories and couldn't get enough of them. Always has a hot chocolate.
He comes by after school, because he doesn't want to face his father. Mia was like a mother to him.