two

CHAPTER TWO - BRODY MILLER

"Good game, bro," my teammate and starting left defender, Justin, says to me as he pats my shoulder in passing.

I'm well aware it was a good game. We won, didn't we? Unfortunately, for my father, a win isn't enough.

I throw my things into my locker and slam the door shut. "Yeah, it was," I reply. I can't be bothered with conversation right now. I answer him because it's the right thing to do, not because I want to. I want to get drunk and forgot about my parents and how I'm not good enough for them.

Fuck, that sounds good.

I quickly shrug on my team jacket and hurry to my car before anyone else can trap me into a conversation. It's party time.

The party is fully underway by the time I get there after stopping in town to listen to my father bitch about my goal in the last minute. It was sloppy, apparently. I just nod now. I don't bother to remind him that the furthest his hockey career got was his senior year in high school.

The smell of beer hits me as soon as I step inside the off-campus house that I share with my friends. I get handed a red cup full of something and drink the whole thing. I can't tell you what it is or who gave me it, but I don't care. I need it.

My eyes wander around the room before I spot her, standing with her two friends in the corner of the room. The girl that was standing with Allen and Knight. The one with the amazing blue eyes.

"No way, dude," a voice comes from my side. I look to my right to discover Liam gazing in the same direction as I am. "That's Allen's sister. He'd have your ass if he knew you were drooling over her."

I lean back against the cool wall as he hands me a bottle of beer. The good stuff we keep hidden away for times like these. "Who said I was looking at her? I'm thinking about the girl next to her. The one with the skin on show."

It's a lie. A big fat lie. For once in my life, for some unknown reason, I find myself more attracted to the conservative girl than the one wearing basically lingerie.

"Who cares about her? Trisha has been staring at you since you walked in. Now, I'd tap that. She's fucking hot," Liam comments with a smirk and a single nod.

With an eye roll, I shake my head. "You're fucking disgusting. Anyway, I've been there and done that. She's not nearly as good as she looks. Porn star moans, bro. It's off-putting to the max."

"And you say I'm disgusting?" He scoffs before plastering the womanizing grin on his face I've seen all too many times over the years. "Anyway, I see a certain Hanna looking my way with those big sex eyes. See you later, dude."

"Wrap it before you tap it!" I call to him with a grin as he walks away from me. In response, I get a middle finger thrown over his shoulder, just causing me to let out a laugh at him and shout, "Cover your stump before you hump!"

"You know fine well it's not a fucking stump, douchebag," he replies just as he reaches his prey for the night. Well, at least I know Liam's going to be distracted for the night. I might as well find my own distraction.

One that isn't the little sister of the captain of our rival sports team.

"Brody Miller, in the flesh," a sickly-sweet voice comes from behind me. I know that tone. That tone is saying that someone wants to be my distraction. "Braeburn's very own hockey legend."

Wow, yeah. Distraction found.

My thoughts are only confirmed when I turn around to find a chick I've never seen before. I don't know how because it's normally the same girls around here all the time. That is, except Allen's little sister and her friends...