twenty three

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE - HAILEY ALLEN

When I open the door, expecting to find more of my parent's work colleagues, but instead finding Maddie, Naomi, James, Liam, Owen, Conner, and Jamie, is a bit of a surprise.

"What the hell are you guys doing here?" I exclaim with a happy laugh as I let them inside.

"Brody told us to come down for the party," Naomi shrugs as she comes inside. She's in her usual party attire of a miniature outfit and sky-high heels. However, it seems like even Owen is getting a little bored of it as he pushes straight past me into the middle of the party.

With a glance over my shoulder at him, I turn back to the rest of them, shutting the door again. "What's the matter with him?"

James sighs and shrugs. "Apparently, he's bored of the single girl life. He wants to change it up a bit."

He and the other guys then follow Owen into the thick of it to find Brody, I assume, because there's quickly the sounds of guys greeting each other.

"Ash refused to come because he's here," Maddie explains, nodding towards the direction that James just disappeared.

I let out a sigh and shake my head. "They need to sort their shit out."

Before either of them can reply, a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind, and lips are pressed to my neck. "I thought you'd like them here," Brody murmurs into my ear before kissing down my jawline.

"Have you two got even more sickening, or is it just me?" Naomi asks with a smile and an eye roll.

"Are you two going to introduce me to your friends?" A smirking Aaron asks from his position leaning against the wall, a beer hanging from his fingers.

"Aaron, this is Maddie, who's boyfriend you've just met - Jamie?" Brody introduces them, standing up straighter, and Aaron nods in response. "And this is Naomi. She's completely free to do whatever with you. Be careful. She might make you pay. You never know whether she's in the mood to give freebies or not."

"Brody," I warn him, shaking my head. Him and Naomi are another two that have to sort their shit out.

Her eyes narrow at him. "I'd slap you, but shit stains."

"And I'd slap you right back if I wasn't scared of getting done for animal abuse," he retaliates with a not-so-innocent shrug.

Naomi just huffs and storms back, grabbing Aaron's hand and pulling him into the mass of people. "I love winning against her," Brody says and I can hear the grin in his voice.

"You are such an asshole," I tell him, leaning back against his shoulder and looking up at him.

"Only to her," he replies, tightening his arms around me again. "She just rubs me completely the wrong way."

I just shake my head at him before reaching up and cupping the back of his head, bringing his lips down to meet mine. As soon as he starts kissing me back, Maddie lets out a laugh. "I guess that's my cue." I'm assuming she disappears too, but I'm too caught up in Brody to even care right now.

I spin around in his arms and part my lips slightly, giving him the hint to deepen the kiss. My back is then pressed against the wall as he plunges his tongue into my mouth.

Our tongues tangle and our teeth clash in one of the most heated kisses we've ever shared. Brody's hands run over my ass before lifting me up and I wrap my legs around his waist as he pushes my back further into to wall. I grip my hands in his hair, pulling it slightly as I let out a groan into his mouth. I've never needed him like this before. It's scary how much I want him right now. Thoughts that we're still in my parent's house don't even register in my mind.