nineteen

CHAPTER NINETEEN - HAILEY ALLEN

Home, sweet, home.

I throw my bag onto my bed and smile as I take in my surroundings. My closet door is covered in pictures from middle school, right up to now, I have bookshelves lining the length of one of my walls, and my desk still has my textbooks on the shelves from high school.

I quickly text Brody that we made it home. He's been trying to call me since Brad picked me up from his this morning. I think he's convinced we were going to end up wrapped around a tree along the way.

Me: We've just gotten back and about to help mom cook dinner. Speak tonight? Love you xx

It's been two weeks since the whole thing with Sarah and according to Maddie, we're even more sickening. However, she has absolutely no ground to stand on, because her and Jamie aren't even spending the break apart. They're doing Christmas at Maddie's and New Year's at Jamie's.

At least Brody and I are willing, albeit reluctantly, to spend a few weeks without each other.

Pretty Boy: I miss you cooking me dinner :(

He's such a freaking drama queen. I think I've cooked him all of about three dinners since we've been together.

Me: I never cook you dinner so get over it! Anway get off your phone and spend time with your family

Pretty Boy: I don't want to :( plus my cousins are here and they're annoying little shits

Me: You love them really

Me: Also you literally told me this morning that you were excited to see them

Pretty Boy: Shh!! They might hear you! Now go make some kick ass dinner and I'll call you later

Pretty Boy: Love you xx

Me: Love you too xx

I tuck my phone into my pocket and make my way to the kitchen where Brad is sitting on the counter as Mom is chopping some potatoes.

His eyes narrow at me as he jumps off and backs me into the opposite counter. "What are you doing?" I ask him, cocking my eyebrow.

"When were you going to tell me you and Miller are back together?" He asks with a low growl.

I just roll my eyes at him. "We never broke up, Bradley," I correct him. "You know what happened. You were there. Now, get out of my way. I need a drink."

With one swift movement as he backs away and I step forward, he swipes my phone out my pocket and unlocks it. "Oi! Give me my phone back!" I exclaim, trying to reach it out his hands. "What are you doing?"

"'Aw, babe, just be yourself and they won't be able to turn you away,'" he mocks, reading a text I sent to Brody when he was here in Chicago, meeting with the Hawks. "'You're the best. I've got to go. I love you so much.'"

"Stop reading my texts!" I should, trying to jump and get my phone. "Mom! He's reading my texts!"

She groans and spins around from the potatoes. "Brad, that's private. Especially the messages from Brody. Give her her phone back."

My asshole brother just chuckles. "This one is golden; 'Brody Miller, I love you so much and I want to have all your babies. We're going to have three boys and three girls and I'm going to call them Jeremy, Jeremiah, Jerry, Jessica, Jemima and Jessie,'" he bullshits with a smug grin.

I let out a sigh and lean against the counter. "You just made that up. We've never even discussed kids and I wouldn't send anything like that."

"Oh, but you did send it," he smirks before handing my phone back to me. I go onto my texts and see that he just sent said text to Brody.