Chapter 31

I walked in the hallway and smiled at the people who greeted mr. I opened the door of my office and let out a small smile as the familiar scent of lavender washed over me.

I walked over to my chair and sat down. I turned on my computer and opened saw I had an email from Gaara.

"I'm coming to see you. I need to tell something very important. I'll meet you in three days, at 10:00 am, at your office. Take Care."

I checked the date this email was sent. It was three days ago. That means Gaara would be here in half an hour. There is something changed in our relationship. I mean, I'm actually looking forward to see him. I totally blame this on Ino-pig. It's her fault for describing his every feature and personality like a sex-crazed woman. Then again Ino always talk about guys like a sex-crazed woman.

Half an hour was just passed like a moment when I was assembling the appointments in my planner.

I sat down on the chair and crossed my legs at the ankles. I felt beautiful and happy and ladylike and full of pleasant anticipation.

As if on cue, there was a knock at the door.

My first impulse was to run to the door but I decided to take it slow. I would pretend that I was waiting for someone else, rather than Gaara, and then he would say...

I opened the door and said, "Oh."

It was Kakashi, leaning against the wall as if he were personally selected and paid by the Shishou to do so in order to make the wall look better. He was his usual tall, handsome, effortlessly masculine self, the shock of silver hair almost glowing over his masked face, but I felt as if I opened a Christmas present and found in it a pair of warm socks instead of a diamond necklace.

"The sight of your overwhelming joy when you realize it's me warmed my heart," Kakashi said.

I glared and said dully, "Come in. You're going to anyway."

I turned and went back to the chair.

Kakashi followed me in and closed the door.

I looked at him and caught a glimpse of the appreciative look on Kakashi's face as he took a look at me. It's not a big deal. I mean I was just wearing a summer dress with a little bit of makeup. It was a surprise.

I knew that Kakashi, for all his silence and dignity and reserved manners, liked women and was a connoisseur of female beauty, and this was the first time that he looked at me with anything more than polite interest.

Not that I ever wanted him to, I thought a bit angrily.

I looked at Kakashi. His face, as usual, showed very little emotion. He was watching me with mild interest.

"You here for your monthly checkup I suppose?" I asked him, maintaining a very professional tone.

His visible eye crinkled and he said "yes".

He's up to something, I thought.

I turned back to ask Kakashi and found him looking around my office.

He's really like a cat, I thought, slightly annoyed. Not the kind that curiosity killed, rather one of those smug-looking purebreds that get away with anything. If Kakashi were a cat, I bet it would be insolence that'd kill him. I bet it would be someone in a sudden fit of rage when they found that damn animal pissing into their shoes again.

Kakashi looked at me seriously. I just ignored him.

"Take off your clothes" I asked.

"I beg your pardon?" Kakashi said.

Is he blushing? Oh, surely I'm wrong. Kakashi is always cool as an iceberg.

"Your check up," I said slowly, with as much scorn as I was able to pour in those two short words. "I need to examine you?"

"Oh." Kakashi looked away but complied anyway.

I did his checkup. None of us saying a thing but I could feel his stare at me entire time.

I quickly wrote his health report and gave it to him.

"You're skills are grown." He said.

I scoffed, "Of course, Hatake-san, I trained under the teacher who actually taught me unlike others, who just forget that he had three students instead of two." I spit out. He visibly flinched and looked at me with a guilty eye.

"I'm sorry." He muttered, still looking at me.

"I think you should leave."

"I-"

"Leave." I said firmly. He nodded hesitantly and left.