wake up.

"lahun! lahun!" i shout to lahun to try and wake him up.i have to do it quietly though so my dad doesn't find out.he hates black people and will shoot any black person who comes near his property.personely i think he just likes shooting them.

lahun slowley opens his eyes.

"aaahhhhh! ajung tadak mila kaisa!! ajun me coy!!" he screams i think he is having a panic attack.

"lahun! sssshhhhhhh" i say to him putting my finger to his lips.he quiets down but he looks worried.

i make him a bed out of pillows and blankets and point at them then i make a sleeping action to show that it is time for bed. he ods his head and lies down.i am about to leave when he yanks on my arm.

"yas joka mila costu?!"he says tears in his eyes. i think he wants me to stay with him.i understand that little boys at the age of 4 need lots of attention but what will my dad say?.

i tell the boy to wait here and i go and see my dad.

"dad can i sleep in the basement tonight?"i ask him with very pleading eyes.

"what do you wanna sleep in that dump of a room for?it is old and absulutely useless!"

"then it is perfect.it is for a project at school"i lie.

"oh yeah?is that right?what is the name of the project?" he says looking at me with beedy eyes.

"it's called um...uh.."i struggle to think of anything and look worried.

"your lieing arnt you?you selfish fool.no lie of yours can slip my mind.HOW DARE YOU TRY AND LIE TO ME! YOU SELFISH LITTLE BRAT.YOU PIECE OF DEAD FISH TRAPPED IN CAGE WANTING EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD.well you know what?" tears come to my eyes.i try to hold back my tears. i blurt out the first thing that comes to my mind...

"it is a project about old things!"i blurt out as quickly as possible.

"what?!" he yells

"i am studying old things!" i shouted

"i know what you said.why...why would you.. just.." he sighs a long sigh.

"go ahead see if i care!!"my dad walks of grumpy he likes it when he wins at an argument but this time he lost.ha! suck on that! i think loudly in my head.

i walk back down to the basement and get in bed with lahun.

"it is OK lahun you will be safe." he doesn't understand me but i think knows what i mean by the tone of my voice.