Marie come home quick!

I hope Marie gets home soon. Her dad is really scaring me!  What is he going to do to me?!

Maries’ dad pulls out some sought of…..wait! I know what it is. It is a whip.

Oh dear. Marie hurry up! He raises the whip high and is about to strike me on the arm. Marie where are you?!

I close my eyes waiting for the pain…..

“wait!! STOP!!!” I  know that voice…Marie! I knew she would come.

“Marie stand back look what I found in that basement of yours!” he turned and looked at Marie in success.

Marie gasped when she saw me.

“you can’t hurt him please!.....i mean uh..” Marie hesitated.

“what are you talking about?! You don’t want to hurt him?!” Maries’ dad looked at her in discus.

“no… yes… um. wait if you leave him I’ll take him down town or something where they can deal with him.”

Deal with him? Meaning me? I know enough English to know what that means. i hope she really didn’t mean it. She wouldn’t do that to me. Would she?

My mind is racing. I can’t decide whether or not she is looking after me.

“that’s more like it. Take him down town. you know what to do” said Maries’ father looking at her seriously.

“Got it” said Marie sternly.

She took me down to the basement and got all our things. Food, water, clothes, blankets and my favourite teddy bear that Marie made for me.

“ seeya dad. I love you.” Marie said hesitantly.

“by mum. I’ll miss you” Marie said, about to cry.

“ what are you talking about?” asked her mum worryingly.

“Marie didn’t tell them and just said a simple.

“by” and we left. I was confused. What is she doing?

Is she really taking me to the town?