Chapter 2

"SEVEN!?!?" I yell catching Joseph off guard
"Y-yup" He smiles awkwardly, most liking frightened by my outburst.
I hear a door click open behind us and see another boy pop up "Could you keep it down out here? I'm trying to study."
"That's Cameron." Joseph says rolling his eyes
"who's this?" Cameron furrows his light brown eyebrows at me
"This is-"
"The new maid? Oh good! I didn't wanna vacuum." He sighs in relief "The cleaning room is downstairs by the way" He spoke that in a snotty tone and quite honestly I wanted to be anything but nice
"Listen you little--" Joseph covers my mouth while I continue to babble on
"What's wrong with this girl?" He wrinkles his nose at Joseph while I continue ranting about my life story completely oblivious that I am
"Idiot. This is Skylar, our new sister." Joe rolls his eyes once again
Cameron's eyes widen and surprise is all over his face "Huh?"
I finally finished ranting and start to redden up. So much for a first impression....
Joe removes his hand "You refused to come to our family dinner and went out somewhere... It's your fault"
"Whatever" Cameron shoots at him then looks at me and my stupid blushing face "I'm Cameron... welcome to the family I guess....." He smiles an awkward smile and slams the door
"He thinks he's perfect" Joseph shrugs
"I could tell..." I laugh along with joe
"Let me show you around and introduce everyone"
"Haha okay." I follow him around the huge house and try to get used to everything. Now it's time for more first impressions
Joe goes outside first "Guys! Meet our new sister!" But no one pays attention because they are in a intense game of two on one
"Ugh sorry. Give me a sec" Joe laughs and jogs off to them. I see them talk a quick conversation and then they jog back over to me. As they come over I can't help to wonder if I'll be safe here. Joe and Piper seem nice but how do I know for sure? I wipe away those thoughts when they come over to me.
"Skylar, this is Coby, Daniel, and Jake." Joe explains pointing to each of the boys.
"Hi" I smile, braces showing making me feel foolish, but they don't seem to care
Coby is a tall boy with dark hair and dark eyes, he sadly doesn't have any shirt on (none of them do) but he is completely ripped (they all are) and tan. He isn't completely smiling, and I see that he'll be like this till I get to know him. Daniel is shorter than the both of them, he has big bright blue eyes and geld sweaty blonde hair falling everywhere. He reminds me of a small boy at first look. Then at the end there stands Jake. Jake is almost as tall as Coby but not quite. He has blue eyes and blonde hair like Daniel, but it looks nothing alike. Jake has deep sea blue eyes that shimmer in the sunlight, but they look dull, and as if they were longing for a light. His hair more blonde than Daniel's and his smile already looking like it had braces. I hold my smile as best I can, it's kinda hard being in the situation that I am in, as you could imagine....
"Hey" The all say in a chorus back to me
"Done checking us out?" Jake wiggles his eyebrows jokingly, but it's too late, I am already a tomato not even realizing I was still looking at them...
"Hey, go easy on her, she just got her" Coby laughs hitting Jake playfully on the shoulder
"Yeah, yeah" Jake smirks at me, now checking me out.
"Well." I say, running my hands over my body once out of uncomfortable looking. (I'm not confident about my body)
"Nice to meet you... Joseph, could I meet the others?"
Joe nods and makes me follow him to their massive TV room, where two boys are sitting watching Fuller House.
"Guys, meet Skylar." Joe says gesturing to me, catching their attention
A brown haired boy pops out of his cozy seat and comes up to me, his smile wide and playful. His eyes are a striking blue and it feels as though he can see through me, I part eye contact to be safe.
"This is Toby." Joe explains. "and that's Tyler"
The other boy nods "Sup" He smiles, wide blue eyes as well and chuckles at himself. He's kinda short, and he has blonde shaggy hair that covers his forehead.
"Nice show" I chuckle looking at the TV
"I know right" Toby laughs, though it really wasn't that funny.
Tyler offers popcorn so me and Joe sit down to eat and enjoy the silly sitcom.
Though it might be kinda hard having seven new brothers, they all seem nice, and it might be kinda fun over all.
                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I really don't need a phone" I explain to Joe
It's Saturday, so that means it's been a full week since I was adopted. It's a little weird, but I'm getting used to it. More boys have gone through our house, such as my new brothers weird friends. I'm going to go to a new school on Monday, but I'll be three weeks ahead of what their learning right now. (The orphanage was SUPER strict about school)
I most liking won't fit in, but I'm just hoping for the best.
Joseph and I have already made a super good bound in a week, he's life my wingman, except not for the use of girls. I'm glad I have Joe with me, I'll make him stay with me for school.
"You definitely need a phone." He explains while waving a sample phone in front of my pale face.
"It's too much to ask." I sigh plopping down on the comfy Apple chair.
"The iPhone 6 is nice..." Joe goes on ignoring what I just said "Do you want rose gold or just gold?"
I shoot him a glare
"What!?" He laughs putting his hands up in surrender
"Sweetie, it's really okay for you to get a phone, in fact I want you to!" Piper says coming up from behind us
"Need any assistance?" A worker asks us
"No, we're okay." Piper smiles at the worker, her young looking face bright.
"Okay." He says and walks away
I end up leaving the store with a Rose Mary iPhone 6s.
Piper leaves and Joe, Jake, Coby and I rome around the mall.
"can we stop into Zumiez?" I ask
"I can't..." Joe sighs looking quite embarrassed
"You idiot, you got kicked out of it in the other mall, not this one." Coby rolls his eyes
"What happened?" I asked
"He was hanging out with his idiot friend and his friend told him to steal something, but they got caught.... Now this dip is scared to go into zumiez cause he doesn't wanna get yelled at."
I laugh and roll my eyes all at the same time "geez"
I look to Joe and his olive skin is tinted pink with an embarrassed look on his face and I laugh again
"Whatever..." He mumbles, and even Coby can't help but to smile a little, which is actually pretty cute since you don't see it often, but I don't say anything.
We end up going into Zumiez but Joe was very cautious, which was very amusing.
I look in the hat section, and from the corner of my eye see Jake talking to a few people.
I walk over to them and notice they're all girls. "Hey" I say interrupting their conversation
"Hey" Jake smiles brightly at me, eyes still dull.
The three girls stare at me "Uh..... Who's this?" One girl with blonde hair and glasses asks. I can tell she's trying to come off nice, but it didn't sound nice at all.
"This is Skylar!" He explains "Skylar, this is Emma, Chrissy, and Serina." He points to each one as he says their names as they give me friendly smiles.
Emma is the one with the blonde hair and glasses. She has her makeup perfectly done and and her smile seems to be already braced, I start to feel self-conscience.
Chrissy has loose curled black hair and big blue eyes. She's perfectly curvy and has pretty big brown eyes, her makeup is simple but she still looks, well, flawless. I left my makeup at the orphanage, not that I had much anyways...
Lastly there is Serina. She has super curly/wavy natural hair and perfect skin. Her eyes are warm, and she has barely any makeup on. she's tall and looks sporty.
Their all flawless and I'm over here like.... A donkey
"She'll be joining our school this week, I hope y'all can be friends" Jake smiles
Joe comes over laughing loudly with Coby slightly chuckling
"Hey guys" Emma and Chrissy laugh while Serina nods a silent 'sup', I notice right away Serina and Coby would be a cute couple.
They all go into inside jokes and deep funny conversations, I just listen there until I get bored and look around more
"feeling left out?" Coby slides in out of nowhere scaring me half to death, causing me to drop the penny board I was just holding
"N-no" I pant still taken aback "I'm okay"
"Hm" he nods and leans against the colorful wall
"Is it... weird for you?" He asks looking down to the floor
I nod "Yeah... but everyone is super nice, and I think I could get used to your family"
"Yeah. I barely knew my dad, I was my mothers first child, my dad loved basketball so they named me Coby, he played basketball with me when I was little, then they had Joseph. Joe never knew our dad though, he got shot and immediately died. Our mom got married twice after that. Currently our dad is barely home, it's hard for mom, I don't know how she puts up with all of us, but she loves us, so it really doesn't matter to her I don't think."
I smile at him, his head is still facing the floor, but he's different then I thought he was.
I put a hand on his shoulder and his head shoots up in peer surprise, but I just smile
"You know what Coby? I'm really glad your mom adopted me, because I already love this family" I say warmly
He smiles widely back at me "Yeah" Then walks off, but I knew that smile wasn't fake.
_______________________
"OKAY PEOPLE MOVE, MOVE, MOVE" is what I woke up to on Monday morning
"What's going on?" I walk out limply into the hall
"That's moms wake up call" Daniel yawns and runs downstairs
"Wha?" I rub my eyes and follow slowly
All seven boys are seated in their own special spot as Piper flips pancakes onto their plates quickly like a boss.
I sit in the empty seat and start eating the food she's already put on my plate
One by one the boys take off upstairs and are finished getting ready
I take a little more time but Piper tells me not to worry when I get down to the main hallway
"Sky, you're with me today" I hear Cam say
"Huh?" I ask stupidly
"I'm driving you, you idiot." He laughs and I follow him to his shiny red sports car.
"Nice car" I gape
"Thanks" He smiles and takes off, obviously breaking the speed limit
I managed to find mascara and some concealer so I don't look like a complete idiot on my first day
It's not that far into the school year, so it's still sunny and nice, with that I got away with throwing on my heart shaped sun glasses
I put my hand out the window passing the coast carelessly. I smile to myself and feel oddly relaxed
"I like your glasses" Cam laughs
"Thanks" I laugh back
Before I know it we're at my new school, which is really big, it looks quite familiar put I couldn't wrap my finger around it
"Here we are" cam smiles at me
I get out of his slick, perfect car and grab my light backpack. I give out a sigh before I start to head into the school with cam, right before we make it inside the rest of the boys catch up with us and walk in with us, one massive clump.
As people walk past us or close to us, they definitely see us.
"Are you guys popular in this school or something?" I whisper to Joe, passing faces seeming to notice me
"Very" he whispers back
"I feel very out of place" I sigh
"Were you popular in your old school?" He asks
"Well, in the orphanage I wasn't really popular, but in elementary and middle school I guess I was" I explain
"Hm" He nods
"here's your locker" Toby points to a plain green locker
"Okay." I nod "Where are your guy's lockers?"
"right next to you" Daniel smiles
There is a top and a bottom row of lockers and their lockers are all around mine. I smile happily and put anything I don't need in my new locker.
----------
"Well how were your first classes?" Jake asks sitting next to me and the guys on the green grass
"easy" I reply taking a bite of my packed peanut butter jelly sandwich
"Well you're like three lessons ahead of us" Daniel adds in rolling his eyes
"Yeah, yeah" I smirk "is there any events I need to know about?"
"well theres always a dance around this time, it's coming up in a few weeks." Tyler shrugs
"Yeah, a lot of girls ask Cam or Jake" Toby laughs "It's pretty awkward for them, but they end up putting it into a competition of who had most girls ask them "
I look to Cam and Jake and they both nod
"If you would ask someone how would you ask Sky?" Cam asks
"Hmmmm, I dunno" I shrug finishing off my sandwich
"well might get asked so keep an eye out, you could ask as well, so maybe you should think about it" Jake suggests
"U-um.. J-Jake?" We all turn our attention to a tiny blonde haired girl
"Yes?" He smiles brightly
"W--well" She stammers blushing "would you like to be my date for the dance?" She spits out suddenly
"Sorry, but no, I don't really know you, besides I'm not the best dancer." He winks at her and sends her off just like that
"Point Jake" He snickers at cam
"See?" Toby says to me rolling his eyes
"who do you guys want to ask?" I ask all of them
"Eh, probably Tayte, Natasha or Emma" Toby shrugs
"Natasha and Tayte, hands down" Joe says
"Probably Natasha or Amanda" Tyler smiles to himself
"Shayla or maybe Emma" cam shrugs
"I just hope no one asks me" Coby sighs
"Maybe pearl, most likely no one though." Daniel shrugs
"I dunno, maybe Natasha, maybe Emma, I don't really care, I just wanna have fun this year" Jake shrugs
"You'd be fun to go with also" Jake says to me and all the guys nod their heads in agreement making my cheeks tint slightly pink.
"I'm going ask Shayla soon though" Cam explains while the other guys roll their eyes
"You can barely talk to her you idiot" Jake points out
"Whatever"
Most of the rest of lunch was them making fun of each other.
-----------
The bell finally rings and I head to my locker where I left some things.
I turn on my heal and almost bump into someone
"Oh geez! I'm so sorry!" I apologize
"Oh it's totally fine, don't worry about it" She smiles
"Oh that's kind of you, thanks"
"Sure, no problem" She smiles. The girl had olive skin and deep brown eyes. Her hair is wavy and long, she has a natural looking makeup on and she is pretty much the perfect height "can I ask you a question?"
"Sure" i shrug
"Ok, so I saw you hanging with Tyler and his family earlier, do you know him?"
"Yeah, he's my new brother, his mother just adopted me"
"Oh! Cool! Well, do you think I should ask him to the dance?"
"may I ask your name first?" I smile awkwardly
"Amanda"
"Yes. Yes you should."
She smiles shyly "Really? Should I wait for him to ask?"
"Well, I'll put in a good word, but if he doesn't ask by next week, I say go for it!!" I laugh and she chimes in
"Thanks!" She smiles, olive skin the slightest pink
"Yeah sure, if you need any help, ask me!" I smile "Here's my phone number!" I hand her my new phone number and she gives me hers
Could this maybe be a new friend?
I smile like an idiot, but I can't help it.
"Bye" She waves to me after we talked for a couple of minutes
Just as I'm about to leave, all the guys come over
"Hey sky" Toby seems to be the only one who acknowledges me, while the rest of them are in a deep debate on some stupid thing only boys would understand
"Hey T-" I start to talk, but I get cut off by a loud 'hey'
A beautiful girl with brown collarbone length hair walks over and practically wraps herself around Jake
I raise an eyebrow to Toby and he shrugs in response
"Hey Tayte" They all say at one point
"So! Dance is coming up..." She beams at Jake, and everyone can tell she's trying to get him to ask
"Uh..." Jake fidgety looks around for an excuse "I'm already going with someone...."
"Oh.... I see" Her smile fades "Okay.." She walks off in much too short shorts and everyone gives Jake a weird look
"What was that?" Daniel scoffs
"I don't know!" Jake sighs "I did not wanna go with her, and if I told her I wasn't doing anything, she wouldn't stop bugging me...  I needed something" he explains
We all shrug and decide to head home
-----
"The stars are pretty, aren't they?" Coby sneaks to my balcony scaring me
"Y-yeah" I say, looking at them
"Did I startle you?" He smiles, not showing his teeth, like usual
"definitely"
"Ha, sorry" He chuckles, "I came to give you this" He hands me my phone, which I forgot I had left downstairs
"OH! Thanks so much!" I smile
"Yeah sure" He shrugs, he turns to leave but my big mouth never stops
"Do you think someone would ask me to the dance?" I ask immediately regretting I said that and blushing as red as a cherry tomato
"Yeah" He says, surprising me " I mean, you're fun and pretty, even if a random guy just met you, he'd probably wanna ask you" He shrugs this off nonchalantly, like it didn't even matter like it sounded he liked me or something
He sits on the balcony edge, which makes me nervous "did I make you embarrassed?" He smiles fully, teeth and all
I decide to look at him, though I'm very red "Yeah" I smile back
Then Cameron walks in
"Woooow" He laughs "Am I interrupting something?"
"N-no" I shout even more embarrassed
"Oh really?" He smirks
"Really" Coby glares, jumps off the balconys edge, flips up his hood and walks past cam coldly
Cam rolls his eyes and takes his spot, I join when he pats the spot next to him
"Your a girl right?" He sighs
"well- yeah! DUH!" I explain gesturing to myself
"I didn't mean it like that... I need advice" He groans, even more red then I was "With... Shayla" Times that blushing by 100.
I poke his cheek and I swear it burnt me "You're really red"
"Shut up and give me advice!" He snaps
"Okay, okay... want do you wanna know?" I sigh
"How do you ask a girl as amazing as her to a dance.. And a guy like me, with a guy like her... Never mind!" He starts to jump off but I hold him back
"Hold on" I say sternly "You just gotta go for it, it seems you really care for this girl, so take the shot, no matter what, if she says yes, or no, it'll be worth it, because you tried, and she knows that you aren't a coward as well"
He smiles "Thanks.. That actually helps"
I shrug "Sure, turns out your ego wasn't as big as I thought it was"
He rolls his eyes and leaves
What a day
--------------
"SKY!!!" Cameron literally tackles me
"WHAT THE---" I start to scream, but once again cut off
"SHE SAID YESSSS!!!" He yells like a girl in my ear, gaining so many weird looks
"Yay!" I cheer with the last of my air "Get....... Off..........."
"Oh! Sorry!" He jumps off of me and starts to eat his food happily, which I roll my eyes at
Weirdo
"Uh, hi" I hear a voice above me, I look up to see a stunning girl, so beautiful I want to shrink
She has long pretty wavy brown hair, and striking blue eyes, her body figure is flawless and she's overall perfect
"Hey shayla" Cameron smiles at the beautiful girl
"This is shayla?" I whisper to him
He nods in response "Why'd you stop by?" He asks trying to keep cool
"Well, I was hoping I could eat with you" She smiles
"Yeah!!!! Totally" He grins
"Cool" She sits next to him and opens her lunch "I'm Shayla!" She says to me
"Skylar" I smile
"Cool" she laughs
"Shay" Tayte strolls over "UH, what are you doing?"
"Sitting with my new boyfriend!" Shayla replies happily as Cameron chokes on his food behind her
"Hm... Kay? We'll talk later" Tayte shrugs and walks away, wearing a summer dress today
"Could you say that again?" Cameron asks stupid to Shayla
"uh....."
----------------
"Hey Tyler" I say and sit down next to him in the tv room, where he is intensely playing Mortal Combat. He doesn't notice me for a couple minutes "TYLER!"
"Hm?" He looks up "Oh hey Sky"
I roll my eyes "Hi"
"What's up?"
"Well, the sky, but actually you know Amanda right?" I say trying to get to the point
"Uh yeah" He nods and pauses his game
"well, I met her, and she's so nice.  You should definitely ask her to the dance" I explain
"...maybe" He shrugs as his face starts to redden
"She doesn't have a date yet, and a girl like that, it might only be so long until...." I trail off
"Okay, yeah...  Think I will ask her" He says getting even redder
I smile and walk to my room.  My job is done there
When I get to my room I get a call that fills the silence of my room, I quickly pick it up and realize it's Hazel
"SKY!" She yells happily into the phone
"Hazel!" I say back
"I got adopted!!" She cheers and I cheer with her
"HAZE! THATS AWESOME!"
"I KNOW RIGHT!! I'll be attending to beachside high school!!"
"No. Way. I GO THERE TOOOOO!!!"
"NO WAYYYYY!!!!"
"YES WAYYYYYY"
The phone is filled with cheers and laughing, we catch up on everything
"Ooohh Jake sounds cuteeee" She giggles when I tell about him
"Eh" I shrug
"Oh, whatever! Your living with seven boys, so what?  I think you're kinda lucky!" 
We talk on and on, it felt good knowing I had a friend
-----------
"Skylar!" Amanda and three other girls walk over to me
"Hey Amanda!" I smile at her, then glance at the other three girls, I recognize Serinia from the mall, and the cute small Chinese girl looks familiar, the third girl is blonde and has beautiful eyes, much prettier than me
"Hi!  I just wanted to thank you so much, Tyler asked me to the dance!" She smiles brightly
"That's awesome!"  I smile back and brush my long dirty blonde hair behind my shoulders
"Yeah, maybe we should hand sometime" She suggests
"Yeah totally!  You have my number, text me or call me anytime"
"Kay!" She says "Well... Bye!" She waves and I wave back and smile to her other friends
There's only a two weeks till the dance, I wonder who the rest of the guys will ask
----------------
So, this is chapter twooooooo!!! Yay! Thanks so much for reading I really hope you like it!  (Not edited)
Please comment, vote, and follow!!!!  <3
-Ava