Chapter| 2

I would be lying if I said I've never though much about death,I've wondered would it be quick or slowly and painful.

Would it be at a young or old age?

Would it be I'm a hospital bed or on the side of the street.

These thoughts ran though my head as Cole in slow motion dropped to the ground.

My blood ran cold and my body froze.

"No" I whisper dropping to my knees "oh lord,Cole I'm sorry,I'm so so sorry" I whisper placing my Han over his wound.

There's to much blood.

"Stay with me Cole,don't you dare leave me" I say firmly putting pressure down,trying to reduce blood lose.

Trying and failing.

"Thank you" he whispered quietly.

"No,Cole please,I'm sorry" I repeated until I felt his body stiffen before he stopped breathing. "Cole?" I whispered.

No response.

"Cole" I shake him.

Still no response.

"Cole!" I scream shaking him frantically "Cole wake up,please Cole!" I pull his head into my lap and stroke his hair.

"I'm sorry,I'm so sorry" I whisper on repeat not knowing what else to say.

It didn't bother me that I was sitting in a pool of blood,or that I had been shot.

The sound of the doors crashing open didn't comfort me.

I killed him.

I killed Cole.

"Miss,miss are you okay?" I faintly hear someone ask.
"He's dead" I say softly "I shot him and his dead"

"Miss,I'm going to need you to step away from him" the officer says calmly

"No" I shake my head "please wake up Cole bear" I trace his cheekbones.

I feel two strong arms pull me away

"No!" I shout "please,just leave him" I cry,beg and plead.

Evenly I'm told to make my way outside.

I slowly stalk down the halls of school,past Coles locker,past our meeting spot,past the last class we were in together.

As I get closer to the doors the flashing lights and sirens catch my attention.i push the door open,cameras,spotlights and all eyes were on me.

I look down at my cloths and I understand why.

Blood.

There's blood all over me.

Coles blood.

I slink to the ground at the top of the stairs.

I stare at all the blood on my hands,their covered.its everywhere on my face,on my cloths,in my hair,everywhere.

I look up to see women and men ducking under the police tape.

They all run to their children and embrace them in warm hugs.

I look around for my parents.

As expected,their not here.

I shakily push myself up off the ground and make my way towards the gates,itching to get out of here.

"Miss,wait!" Someone shouts I turn on my hill to see a cop and a Paramedic walking in my direction.

"Yes" I said my voice hoarse.

"We were told that you were shot"

Oh right my shoulder.

"He missed" I lied

"Very well,we would like to check you over for any injures if you don't mind" he insisted I simply shook my head

"No thanks I'm fine"

"Miss I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist" he pushed,I turn to the cop

"I'll come to the station tomorrow and file my statement if that's alright" I say,he nods and I turn back on my hill.

As I near the tape cameras are shoved in my face,they flash and recording devices are shouted in my face.

I push,shove and elbow my way out of the gate.

Finally after what seams like a lifetime I make it out if the school and begin my walk home.

Dead.

Shot.

Blood.

Murder.

Body.

These words float around my mind as I walk home.

I'm no better than some scumbag who kills for joy.

Actually I'm worse.

I killed my best friend.
I killed Cole.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I reach for my keys,unlocking the door I enter the dead quiet house.

It seams being taken a hostage isn't enough to pull my parents out of work.

No big shock there.

I make my way into the kitchen and flick the light on.i dump my back on the bench and pull out the first aid kit and a bottle of vodka.

I sterilise a sewing needle as well as the other equipment.

I take my shirt off leaving me only in my dark blue lace bra,I clean around the wound,it doesn't go all the way though.

Which means the bullets still in there.

Yay.

I take a swig out of the bottle before pouring it over my arm.

I bite my lip to prevent the scream of pain.

Time to get to work.