Chapter 3

I tapped a finger to my head, thinking of different ways to prove my theory to myself. I was sitting on the floor in front of my full body mirror, my reflection - of course - doing the same.

OK, I thought to myself, please don't let this be a waste of my time.

I took in a deep breath and looked at my reflection. The same round faced, dark brown eyed, dark, curly brown haired 14 year old girl gazed back at me. Then I started to speak.

"Hey, my name is Gemma. I'm 14 years old and I was born July 23 in the year 2001. It's nice to meet you...?" I finished off my greeting as if I was asking a question because I had instinctively held out my hand at the, "It's nice to meet you," line, which I had no idea why I did. And my reflection was doing the same exact thing.

"Uhm...what's your name?" I asked hesitantly.

No reply.

"How are you doing today?"

Nothing.

"So...do you come here often?"

OK, now I just sounded stupid.

I kept at it for about 30 more minutes. I tried to tell jokes, I talked to my reflection about Solstice and Ravenna, and I even talked about Jett. Finally, I sat back on my elbows and looked up at my ceiling, huffing.

Doesn't seem like I'm getting anywhere with this, I thought.

I was getting frustrated, so I decided to put on my headphones and listen to my favorite band, Twenty Øne Piløts (or TØP). I put my TØP playlist on shuffle, and the song Anathema played first. I closed my eyes and relaxed, letting the music flood my mind and body. I hummed along to the song, and when it came to the chorus, I just sang and let it out.

Won't you go to someone else's dreams?
Won't you go to someone else's head?
Haven't you taken enough from me?
Won't you go to someone else's sleep?

When the song was over, I felt refreshed and more calm, so I took my headphones off, my eyes still closed, and sighed, ready to try again.

"Wow...your singing is amazing, Gemma," A voice said, behind me.

I flinched and my eyes flew open. I spun around and almost fainted. My window was open, and sitting on my bed was the last person I thought would end up in my room, let alone hear me sing my heart out.

It was Jett Anderson.

I let out a surprised squeak- no, wait. Someone else and I let out a surprised squeak. Then I froze, because I heard someone else squeak at the same time I did, but it wasn't Jett. I could see Jett, and his mouth didn't move. Jett even had a surprised look of his own. That meant...

I turned around, and when I could see my mirror in the corner of my eye, I noticed that my reflection wasn't moving with me. My mirror twin was staring back at Jett and I with wide eyes and an open mouth.

She stared at us for what seemed like forever. None of us made a sound. Then suddenly, she closed her mouth and sat in the same position I was, attempting to pretend like nothing happened, and acting like my reflection once again.

"Gemma?..." It was Jett.

Crap. I had kind of forgotten that he was here. In my house. In my room.

"Jett..heh..why are you here..?" I asked meekly, trying to calm my heart- which was beating probably 10 times faster than it normally should, mind you.

"Gemma, I think the better question is," He cleared his throat, and continued, his voice shaking slightly.

"Why does your reflection have a mind of its own?..."

•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~

Note to my beautiful readers:

Hey hey hey did you like it, did you like it, did you like it? Well, I did XD

If you did, don't forget to vote and follow me so you know when Chapter 4 gets published (which I have kind of started...kind of..maybe not o.o) Also, comment any suggestions you think will make the story better please c:

Luv ya peeps 💙