Chapter 10

Here comes another dedication...

I dedicate this chapter to puddingpie75 because omg...gurl. YOU ARE AMAZING. You literally made my day today and I couldn't thank you enough. Everybody go check out her work where she recommends other Wattpad books. Love you gurl 💙

Also, I strongly recommend listing to 'Øh Ms. Believer' by Twenty Øne Piløts before or while reading this chapter because the song is mentioned at the beginning c:

~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~

|• Gemma's P.O.V. •|

He was singing. And it was really good. And it was Twenty Øne Piløts,

"Oh, Ms. Believer,
My pretty sleeper,
Your twisted mind,
Is like snow,
On the road.

Your shaking shoulders,
Prove that it's colder,
Inside your head,
Than the winter of dead."

I gaped at him with wide eyes and an open mouth as he softly sang 'Øh Ms. Believer', getting the tune perfectly right, and still playing with my hair. After a few seconds, I turned around again and relaxed, closing my eyes. I was still extremely shocked. I never knew he could sing, let alone sing this well. Eventually, my eyes started drooping, and I allowed sleep envelope me as Jett's voice sounded fainter and fainter in my ears.

*°*°*°*°*°

|• Jett's P.O.V. •|

I finished the last line of the song, and leaned over to get a look at Gemma's face. I smiled. She had fallen fast asleep without making a single sound. I thought now would be the best time to leave. I didn't want to creep her out again by staying until she woke up, and I didn't want her parents to walk in on a strange boy near their sick daughter. I glanced around her room, my eyes lingering for a second on the mirror as I noticed my reflection copying me, then I carried on looking around until I found a notebook and a cup full of pens on Gemma's desk. I walked over, opened the notebook to a random plain lined page and ripped it out. I grabbed a pen from the cup and began scribbling down the note. When I was done, I folded it, and layed the piece of paper beside her pillow, where I was seated earlier.

I walked to Gemma's bedroom door, and with one more glance back at her peaceful, sleeping face, I opened it and stepped into the hallway, closing it behind me. I figured Gemma's parents weren't at home and out grocery shopping or something because no one had walked into her room and I didn't hear any noises. Luckily, I was right. I headed down the stairs and opened the front door but stopped suddenly, as my phone started to vibrate. Someone was calling me. I pulled it out of my back pocket, and found that the caller was Isla. I exited Gemma's house and shut the door, then answered the phone.

"Hey, Isla. What's up?" I asked.

"Hi, Jett. I just wanted to see if it was OK if I came over today?" She questioned.

I huffed to myself. I mean, Isla's really nice and awesome. I really liked her. As a friend. But she always wants to hang out with me. Not that I minded it much. My parents weren't home at that moment either, so I replied,

"Yeah, of course you can come over. I didn't know what I wanted to do today anyways."

"Great! I'll be there in a few minutes. Thanks, and bye, Jett," She answered happily.