Chapter 16

I would recommend scanning through the last couple chapters so you remember what previously happened before you read this c: oh, and listen to the song I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic! At The Disco if you don't know it already. You'll need to for this chapter.

- .... . / -- -.-- ... - . .-. .. . ... / .. -. / - .... . / -- .. .-. .-. --- .-. ...

|• Gemma's P.O.V. •|

Ever since Jett showed up to help me get out of this place, I've realized how much I missed him, and my liking for him increased. Whether that's a good or bad thing, I wouldn't know, because I still don't know if he likes me or not. It wouldn't be likely that he does considering the fact that he's dating Isla. I scowl at the thought, and also noticed that just a few more steps in front of us stood a small cottage in the middle of a huge field of grass. The path we were walking on cut through the grass and led up to the front door. There was a small lake not far from the house. The cottage looked new and clean other than the fact that it appeared to be empty.

Camilla hurried up to the house, pulled a key out of the pocket of her shorts, and unlocked the door, opening it for us to enter. I looked up at Jett worriedly, and he looked back down at me with concern etched across his face.

He turned to Camilla, "Why should we go into the house? We don't know if it's safe in there. Actually, we don't know if anything is safe here."

He backed away slightly, pulling me with him.

Camilla sighed and rolled her eyes, "You've got to be kidding me. It's just a normal, empty house. I promise you there aren't any traps."

I flinched when I suddenly felt a hand on my back, and looked to my left to see Carlos looking at me with a smile and a suspicious glint in his eyes.

"Don't worry, we wouldn't let anything happen to you," He attempted to reassure me.

Jett pulled me away a bit, earning a slight scowl from Carlos.

He looked down at me and said, "We did want to solve this mystery together anyways, didn't we?"

I smiled, "Yes, yes we did."

We walked into the house together and looked around. Right in front of us was a small living room, with very old couches and a coffee table. The furniture in the living room was facing to the right, in front of a door that led to another room.

I heard Camilla and Carlos come in behind us, and the door close and a lock turning. The fact that the door was locked and there wasn't much of a chance of us escaping got me a little anxious, but I tried not to think about it. Jett was a good climber. He could climb out the window. Then maybe I would jump, and Jett would catch me...

"Gemma?" Jett nudged me gently.

I snapped out of my daydream and looked at Jett, then looked away, because I felt my face going red. Good thing I didn't say what I was thinking out loud.

I turned my head and saw Camilla standing at the bottom of a staircase on the right side of the wall that the living room was facing.

"Come on," She urged, "Let's go upstairs."

We followed Camilla to the stairs, and Jett nudged me in front of him. I reached the top after Camilla, and Jett followed, Carlos trailing after him. I swept my gaze around the top floor. There was nothing except for the three white doors that stood not very far in front of us.

The first door from the left had the letter 'G' written on it with a black marker. The two doors beside it were just plain white.

Camilla turned to face me, "Gemma, the first room from the left is going to be where you're staying. Jett, your room is the second one, and your bathroom is the last door to the left. Gemma, your room is the master bedroom, so it has an adjoined bathroom. We've provided you with pajamas, clothes, toiletries, and if you need anything, there is a landline phone on the bedside tables in both rooms, and a piece of paper beside it with both of our numbers."