Chapter 7

I crouched down at my locker and opened the door to put back and take out my work and books. I'm so happy that it's almost the end of the week, and there's only one day until the weekend is here. Then I can relax until Sunday to start my homework. Yep, typical me. I jump as a hand swiftly flicks a folded paper into my locker. I look around to my right to see Jett giving me one of his signature half smiles. I shake my head at him, amused. Then I notice where he's standing, and I quickly shift my gaze back to my locker. Of course, he's standing next to Isla as she looks inside her locker, waiting for her to walk him to the busses like they usually do after school. Jett only comes to school and goes home by bus because his parents are working and can't drop him off and pick him up. I realized that we could go and come back from school together, but I'm too shy to ask him, let alone ask my parents if that would be OK.

I rummage through my locker more than necessary, waiting for Jett and Isla to leave. When they walk away, I grab the tattered folded piece of paper, and unfold it eagerly. I skim through it and chuckle, shaking my head. Jett writes the most ridiculous things:

Oh I see you can't think straight if I'm not with you, huh? Don't worry, I'll help this weekend, or better yet, tomorrow after school ;) And yeah, we can call her that until we find out who she really is.
P.S. I started calling you Gem since you gave me the permission to, remember?

He's such an airhead, I think to myself as I gather my things and sling my bad over my shoulder. I stand up and shut my locker door with my foot and walk towards the stairs leading down to the courtyard in front of the gate. When I get outside, a gust of freezing cold wind slaps my face and neck. I have my jacket on and I try to cover my neck with the collar as best as I can. I had already gotten sick twice this winter and I don't want that to happen again. As I get to the ledge a few steps away from the gate, I set my stuff down and sit down beside it with a huff. I fish out my phone, my earphones, book and plug in my earphones to listen to music and read. Before I can even open my book, I get a text message. Oh, and surprise, surprise, guess who it's from? Yep. It's Jett. The message read:

Jett:
Did you read my note? :)

I replied:

Gemma:
Yep -_- Jett, I definitely do not remember giving you permission to call me Gem.

Jett:
You don't? Are you SURE?

Gemma:
Yes, Jett. I'm absolutely sure.

Jett:
Hm, I must have pretended it happened then. Silly me. I'm still gonna call you Gem, though. I like it.

Gemma:
You're probably crying from laughter on the bus right now, aren't you?

Jett:
Well, aren't you a considerate little thing, asking how I'm doing. And yes, I am laughing pretty hard at the moment.

Just then, I got a call from my mom. I dismissed it, then quickly texted Jett back:

Gemma:
You are such a nincompoop. My ride's here, so I gotta go now. Don't worry, I know you can barely cope without me, but you'll live.

Jett:
Are you kidding me? You're probably going to be the one who'll start missing me too much once you turn your phone off. But no worries, I'll talk to you later, Gem ;)

*°*°*°*°*°

"Gemma, are you feeling OK?" My mom asked, worried.

I had just launched into a coughing fit, and I calmed myself before answering hoarsely, "Actually, my throat does feel a bit dry."

"Oh dear, why didn't you bring a scarf with you? You need to cover your neck and keep it warm. That's how you get sick every winter," My mom replies, exasperated.

"I know, I know. I just forgot," I mumble the last three words, feeling ashamed at myself.

*°*°*°*°*°

|• Jett's P.O.V •|

I checked my watch desperately. School started at 8 AM, and it was now 7:51 AM. Where in the world was Gemma? I had been standing in front of the school gate waiting for her for at least 15 minutes. She usually reaches school at around 7:40 AM, and I couldn't help but worry about why she was late.

I don't really know what made me take a little interest in her. I guess it was the fact that she was so friendly even if she didn't know me, and she wasn't like this to just me either. She was nice to everyone, even if someone wasn't particularly friendly towards her. When I first came to this school, I noticed she was one of the first ones who didn't stare at me with judging and analyzing gazes. She just looked at me curiously, and smiled. After that, I guess I just watched her more closely, despite the fact that I was accepted as a 'popular' kid and she wasn't, therefore resulting in me spending more time with the more known kids in my grade. The more closely I watched Gemma, the more I started to like her. I liked her hyper and creative, yet shy, humble, and quiet personality. We rarely got time to speak to each other during school, but we did a few times. I would rather keep it that way, lest my friends find out that I'm slightly crushing on her. I would never hear the end of it if that happened.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Gemma's number, then held it to my ear. I reluctantly started walking to class as the phone started ringing in my ear.

~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~•~°~

Note to Readers:

I feel like I should have introduced Jett's P.O.V earlier on in the story to even things out but...oh well. and FINALLY I finished Chapter 7 XD hope you like it.

Don't forget to:

Vote ⭐

Comment 💬

• and •

Follow ❤

Byee CX