Chapter-1 DIAMONDS AND BLUE DRESSES

CHAPTER-1

EDITED

DIAMONDS AND BLUE DRESSES

I could hear the faint giggling! I could hear the whispering! 'Not again' I thought. I had not even washed my face or brushed my teeth... Ugh! I don't want to wake up!

Trust me, waking up in the morning for school is the most annoying thing in the world. It was just what most of the teenagers despise and I am obviously one of them. But luckily today was the best day of the week, A.K.A. Friday. I was thankful there was no school the next day.

That meant I could go out with the girls to party! Like other normal schools my school was too divided into some social groups. The Cheerleaders, batting their eyelashes and putting tons of makeup on their artificial barbie faces. The Jocks, thinking every girl could fall for their player ways, their lean bod, and devilish good looks. The Populars are the ones who are famous because of their helpful personality or money, but don't want to flash either and don't forget that they are really good-looking/gorgeous and resemble some silly actor. The Nerds, who are actually geniuses, but are isolated (I don't know why!). And the geeks who can't help, but be weirdly annoying.

Me? I simply came in the group of 'The Popular Ones', I hate to admit it but I am the most popular girl at school, in a good way. I loved helping people around and was sweet to goodies and a bit conservative around the rude ones out there (don't misbehave buddy, a simple warning). People trust me enough to even share their personal problems and I did my best to make them feel welcomed. I was the head of the school clubs and even a school representative at competitions. I scored fairly well at tests too. I was in student council and was the principal's personal favourite.

I have no boyfriends or any special person in my life, despite the fact that many have shared their loving feelings towards me. I decline them politely, but then this guy Jacob wouldn't give up. I was still waiting for my "Mr. Right" to come and be there. Cliché ,right? This is the perks of being a popular girl who gets to choose. Now, now buddy, I really think you should know my name: It's Victoria Crescent. Vi for friends and teachers (including you all)and Tori for my mom and dad.

I was actually very happy that morning because it was my special day.

That's right, exactly 16 years back today was the day I cried for the first time or so it is said. On my birthday usually there is a surprise party and this so called tradition of decorating my room with pink and purple flowers. NO, pink wasn't my color exactly, my color was blue... But pink and purple are the colors fancied by none other than Haven and Dana.

I heard shuffling in my room and I can even hear people whispering and giggling.

"The princess is waking up" someone says. I quickly recognise the voice to be Jacob's (just a friend) Is he there too? When suddenly from my mouth escaped a light giggle and the room fell silent.

"Can I open my eyes, pretty people" I ask in a teasing manner.

I was about to open my eyes. When she spoke up from the crowd "Don't you dare open your pretty, hazel eyes little Miss Victoria Crescent or I will bury you alive and even the finest of detectives will not be able to find you!!" Hazel said in a mock threatening way. I so loved this girl she was my best friend since kindergarten. She accepted me the way I was and always encouraged me to try something new.

The actual reason that I was popular in school was because of her support. The best quality she had is that she never ever got jealous, even when I was talking to other girls or hot boys(which was like everyday). A wide smile spread across my face and I closed my eyes tighter. "Okay, now I am scared" I laugh. Note the sarcasm.