CH-3 PARTY GONE DOWN THE DRAIN P#2

CHAPTER-3

PART#2

PARTY GONE DOWN THE DRAIN

My place starts to fill up with many known and unknown faces. I don't mind, everybody wants to be in the 'populars' party. It's the trend.

Half of the boys and girls have started filling my pool and half are in the lawn where I am myself. Few people go inside the house where the dance floor has been organized and the drinks and food is laid down inside too. I greet the people coming, taking gifts and making conversation. The group of cheerleaders lead by Lily, arrive with their boyfriend's flashing me smiles and handing over to me some flowers. A bunch of juniors and seniors too came lunging directly for the dance floor after wishing me.

Dad, mum, and Dana went to have dinner at a restaurant earlier and will bring the cake later when they come. I am so thankful that they allowed a party. They did not let me do anything from food to clothes to other arrangements they managed the stuff on their own, of course with the help of my besties and other good friends who volunteered.

I check the time and its 10 already. Seeing most of the people have come I decide to go inside to dance with my girls and drink something. I pass a group of people playing truth and dare and others playing various pool games encouraging me to join them but I shrug it off. I am in a mood to dance right now!

I find Haven and Judith having a conversation and I drag them towards the dance floor. The music has changed and it is playing 'Cheap Thrills by Sia' blasting from the speakers followed by 'Hands To Myself by Selena Gomez' and later 'We Don't Talk Anymore by Charlie Puth'. We dance and dance on different songs until it seems that I am going to pass out. Wearing heels isn't easy at all. I see people grinning madly and enjoying themselves which makes me happy.

I excuse myself from the group of girls and boys who had joined our group to dance. I go to get myself a glass of punch to quench my thirst when I see Jacob enter the dance floor with all his glory. His eyes searching for me, he spots me and comes closer without any kind of hesitation. He wraps his arms around me immediately and I could smell the heavy fragrance of his cologne. He pulls away and eyes me up and down. "You look as gorgeous as always my love" he speaks his sound muffled due to loud music.

I give him a forced smile which he buys instantly.

"Can I have a dance with the gorgeous birthday girl?" he asks me confindently and puts forward his hand in a dramatic way. Seeing I have no option than to accept it we dance together on 'You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift'.

I was actually enjoying his company. When Haven comes towards us "Excuse the birthday girl, we have to cut the cake before 12 and then you may continue." she winks at him and we walk together towards the lawn where the cake is laid out.

"So girlie, are you both a thing?" she teases.

"You bet!"I reply with buckets filled of sarcasm which she understands and laughs loudly at.

I turn back to see Judith dancing with Jacob on a slow song. 'What's up with her' is the first thought that comes in my mind but I ignore it.

I cut the gorgeous two storey cake. When everybody startssinging a silly birthday song for me. This is so funny who cuts a cake on their sweet 16th birthday nowadays. But I couldn't hurt my parent's feelings could I? I could here the 'awes' coming from my friends and others but I couldn't care less.

Many people came forward to feed me a bite and then resume their fun. I so wanted to jump in the pool, people could sense it from my face by now. I childishly express this desire to Xavier (my drama period 'prince charming')